Please help me figure out these breeds

Raeleefamily

In the Brooder
May 30, 2016
Yuma, AZ
I just inherited two chicks. The dark one is about 10 weeks the fluffier one is about 5 weeks. Please help me figure out what they might be. I'm newer at chickens. Thanks

I just inherited two chicks. The dark one is about 10 weeks the fluffier one is about 5 weeks. Please help me figure out what they might be. I'm newer at chickens. Thanks

The dark brown one looks to be a Brown Leghorn or Welsummer (I'm leaning more towards Brown Leghorn though). The fluffy one looks like some kind of Cochin, but I could be wrong.
Can anyone tell me if this chicken is a hen or rooster

A pic of the chicken would be helpful to determine its gender. :)

Sorry forgot to upload pictures
Can any one tell if this chicken a hen or rooster both chickens in the pic

ture

I got some feedback yesterday about my little brown chick mostly likely being a brown leghorn. Are they usually smaller than other chickens? My bantam cochins in the background of this pic are almost 8 weeks. This brown chick is supposedly 10 weeks and doesn't have much down. It's the same size as my 4 week old bantam cochin. Any other wisdom about this breed?

Last edited:
Sorry forgot to upload pictures
Can any one tell if this chicken a hen or rooster both chickens in the pic

ture

The bird to the left looks to be a rooster. I'm not sure about the one to the right.
I got some feedback yesterday about my little brown chick mostly likely being a brown leghorn. Are they usually smaller than other chickens? My bantam cochins in the background of this pic are almost 8 weeks. This brown chick is supposedly 10 weeks and doesn't have much down. It's the same size as my 4 week old bantam cochin. Any other wisdom about this breed?

I believe Leghorns are a bit smaller than standard birds, but I don't know much about them otherwise.

I am new to chickens and have multiple breeds - three different kinds of leghorns included....all of the leghorns have been drastically smaller than the other breeds the same age...good thing they learn how to dash in and out between the others legs in order to get to the food....they have ninja skills to make up for their size in the flock

Back
Top Bottom