PLEASE HELP ME FIND OUT WHAT THIS IS

As long as an infection doesn't set in, he will probably be fine. Several people on this site have chickens missing toes that are doing just fine.

Do you have any recent pictures that you could share?

It does have an infection! Guys, this gal needs our help not guesses at the original cause. I've talked to her, we're looking at an anerobic bacterial infection localized (for the moment) to the foot. So far I've found that those kinds of infections respond well to penacillin. Is that really the case? Could it be staph? That would need something else wouldn't it? Where can she get what she needs? Does anybody know? Can anybody give her advice on how to administer?

HELP! I'm out of my depth here!
Who could we pm who might know more?

OP, how is your roo? I still haven't found anything other than the possibility of frostbite... I'm so sorry. I doubt that this will kill the roo, if his toes fall off, he'll still be able to walk with a little practice.

Regards,
Leaf

He can't walk anyway. His other leg sticks straight out behind him. He is crippled. Always has been.

He can't walk anyway. His other leg sticks straight out behind him. He is crippled. Always has been.

I know that tones are difficult to convey over the Internet, I've gotten into trouble with them myself many times, so I will refrain from commenting on your reply to enola. :/ We are all trying to help to the best of our abilities, so please be understanding. Honestly, I doubt these toes are infected at this point. Frostbite yes, staph infection...I wouldn't put money on it. We are trying to figure out the cause of this problem so that it can be prevented in the future, thus saving other birds from this fate. Perhaps PMing casportpony?

Regards,
Leaf

I know that tones are difficult to convey over the Internet, I've gotten into trouble with them myself many times, so I will refrain from commenting on your reply to enola. :/ We are all trying to help to the best of our abilities, so please be understanding. Honestly, I doubt these toes are infected at this point. Frostbite yes, staph infection...I wouldn't put money on it. We are trying to figure out the cause of this problem so that it can be prevented in the future, thus saving other birds from this fate. Perhaps PMing casportpony?

Regards,
Leaf

I asked the op a list of questions on this thread. Her answers indicated infection. I also whent to the trouble to visit her profile for more information. She has been seeking help since early January, at which point her roosters toes were not yet dead. I'm angry on behalf of the op that she has not gotten the help she needs. I apologize if members here are offended by my frustration.

There is pussy blood coming from the foot
There is a rotten smell about the foot
The foot is inflamed
The foot is hot to the touch

The foot is infected, can any one help.
Where could the op look for antibiotics?

Back
Top Bottom