Please help me ID my ducks [photos inside]

Alex Kwong

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 12, 2009
Singapore
Hi everyone,

I start to raising ducks for around a year now. I need help for correct ID name for each kind of duck I had.

A.) This group is Muscovy duck right, please look at the top left the one behind which is black color with withe at the neck.
Its was hatch from the eggs which I bring from friend's farm (only one).
IMAGE_355.jpg

Close look
IMAGE_376.jpg

Close look at the head. there is some sparkling green color reflection when under the sun light.
IMAGE_380.jpg

B.) Behind brown color with white line above the eye. This also hatch from the eggs which I bring from friend's farm (only one)
IMAGE_365.jpg

Because they hatch together. So most of time they walk side by side.
IMAGE_382.jpg

C.) Need to know the ID name for the group behind. All is female, the only male was killed by snake two month ago.
IMAGE_359.jpg

IMAGE_374.jpg

I bought 2 male like this one (in the middle ). But seem they are not the same.
IMAGE_362.jpg

This is one of their young which they mix (dark brown). Hatched from incubator too.
IMAGE_360.jpg

Others
IMAGE_373.jpg

IMAGE_375.jpg

Thanks!
Alex

I see Muscovy Ducks (you ID'd them right), Khaki Campbells/Khaki Campbell Mixes (all the brown ones), and either a Black Swedish Mix or a poor quality Black Swedish (the Black Duck with the White bib)

Nice place ya got there!
tongue.png

ETA: Actually, a lot of the Brown ones look to be Indian Runner/Khaki Campbell Mixes. I also see some with a Mallard-ish coloration. This is a good site to look at to further research your ducks.

Last edited:
muscovy, dark brown ones - khaki, light brown - indian runner, black/white - black swedish. All except the muscovies look like there was some crossing to me. Pretty though.
smile.png

**the runners look alot like some of my mallard x runners had turned out with that pattern showing, but I also thought Khaki. May be some of both.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info....

Is it Indian Runner & Khaki Campbell crowing sound differ? or male and female sound differ?
Mine dark brown male (yellow claw) sound g...g...g... and brown female (black claw) sound Crik...Crik...Crik...

@treldib
Thanks for the link. I found the correct ID for my Jumbo Pekin too. I only know its call Pekin, but local people call it Australia Jumbo. So its Jumbo Pekin.
They grow very fast. so I can't put them together... The photo below took a month ago, which is close to 3 months old. and now even bigger close to 4 months old.
IMG0060A.jpg

The brown color with white line above the eye and yellow claw I think is Mallard

Moscovies make a hissing noise...both boys and girls. Mallard derived ducks (Indian runners, Pekin ducks, Blue Swedish, Khaki Campbells, etc...) are different. The females make very loud QUACK QUACK noises. Boys make a soft REEP REEP noise. Also, male mallard derived ducks have one or two curly feathers on their tail (called the DRAKE FEATHER).

Moscovies and mallard derived ducks are actually 2 different species. If they breed together their offspring will be sterile, like when you breed a horse to a donkey and get a sterile mule.

Your brownish duck with the eye stripe looks like a mallard, indian runner cross. Cute duck!

Last edited:
I agree with all of the above! Apart from your muscovies and pekins, all your other ducks are Indian Runner (aka Bali) crossed with another duck. Khaki, Swedish and possibly mallard. If you think about it they are all mallard-derived, and that eye stripe can pop up anytime from particular colour variations, not necessarily meaning a true mallard was the parent. I think that is right anyway.

They are lovely looking ducks, whatever the cross/type/breed. If you bred them, you could get all sorts of varied looking offpsring due to the mixed parentage.

Oh, and

welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom