Please help me identify my fav baby!

AmberRose23

Chirping
Feb 17, 2023
Hello and TIA! This is my favorite chick out of the three batches I got gifted in an emergency situation. This one is the friendliest of them and I will be devastated if she is rooster. I might keep her if she is but I already have a Cochin frizzle bantam roo and I’m not sure that will work. This batch of chicks I have already has 6 suspected Roos so I’m praying she is not. I also do not know what type of chicken she is. I am guessing she is an Easter egger due to her puffy cheeks. But then again not sure. Any help would be appreciated. Her legs are as thick as my SLW’s legs. Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• 1907C538-5B81-414A-9CE8-CF8AB6C7A208.jpeg
    1907C538-5B81-414A-9CE8-CF8AB6C7A208.jpeg
    410.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 36DFF74B-6FAE-4886-88E1-7BC8EE184268.jpeg
    36DFF74B-6FAE-4886-88E1-7BC8EE184268.jpeg
    451.7 KB · Views: 7
It's definitely a cockerel :( I agree that it appears to be an Easter Egger or Easter Egger mix :)
I’m so sad 😭 I have so many roosters and I don’t know what to do with any of them. My only solace was that he didn’t look like one for so long until this week. Ugh. Thank you for your help. I might keep this one because I love him so much and he jumps up into my hand every time I put it into my brooder. He is such a sweet boy. I think I might have have two hens and 8 roosters. FML.

I’m so sad 😭 I have so many roosters and I don’t know what to do with any of them. My only solace was that he didn’t look like one for so long until this week. Ugh. Thank you for your help. I might keep this one because I love him so much and he jumps up into my hand every time I put it into my brooder. He is such a sweet boy. I think I might have have two hens and 8 roosters. FML.
I'm sorry. Perhaps try a few sex links. Those are pretty much guaranteed to be what you want.

Could just off one of them, but that would probably hard to do. So what do you plan to do since its a rooster? I actually have 6 roosters as well, chicks on the way as I speak and I might get a rooster.

Could just off one of them, but that would probably hard to do. So what do you plan to do since its a rooster? I actually have 6 roosters as well, chicks on the way as I speak and I might get a rooster.
Yeah I couldn’t. I have 2 suspected polish Roos, 1 welsummer roo, 1 lavender Cochin roo, 2 silver laced Wyandotte Roos, this egger roo and i think a silkie roo. All under 6 weeks. I don’t know what to do 😢 they were given to me in an emergency type of situation very young, I would never have gotten chicks i were not a 100% sure were hens. I also would never have gotten a mixed bag of different breeds. I only have a golden comet and bantam Cochin roo so my flock is very tiny. Are your roosters grown? Are they friendly with each other? Can I keep them all together? I wouldn’t mind as long as they were all gentlemen.

Back
Top Bottom