PLEASE HELP ME Turkey Crisis

TesoroSena

Crowing
Jan 5, 2023
Tennessee
PLEASE HELP!! I had five turkey eggs, but one was not fertile, two died, and one didn't make it through hatching. That left only one survivor, and that chick is now all alone. Here almost no chicks are for sale right now, and it continuously peeps when we are not around. We don't have a hen to care for it, so we are worried right now. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

PLEASE HELP!! I had five turkey eggs, but one was not fertile, two died, and one didn't make it through hatching. That left only one survivor, and that chick is now all alone. Here almost no chicks are for sale right now, and it continuously peeps when we are not around. We don't have a hen to care for it, so we are worried right now. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
How old is the chick right now Place?
Place a stuffed animal in the brooder with him to help him feel more comfortable. If possible I'd do hands on raising, but you'll likely end up with a cuddly turkey 😅

I had baby turkeys and they were more cold sensitive than the other babies (chicks, broilers or ducklings)

I would put them inside my sweater to keep them warm and then they would fall asleep. Yeah, super messy, but they grew up to be VERY attached to me and gentle

Last edited:
I had baby turkeys and they were more cold sensitive than the other babies (chicks, broilers or ducklings)

I would put the inside my sweater to keep them warm and then they would fall asleep. Yeah, super messy, but they grew up to be VERY attached to me and gentle
If you go this route, wear a t-shirt under the sweater and chick is between the two. Yeah, poo is an issue... But at least they stopped crying

Just keep in mind as babies turkeys are very fragile
Once grown they have fewer issues than a duck or hen, but early on they are very sensitive. When they cry it means something is missing that they need. Food or warmth or the security of their flock (and by flock we mean you ;) )

Back
Top Bottom