Please Help! Moving soon (Orange Park, FL) and need help finding Chicken Laws asap!

NavyChiefWife

Chirping
8 Years
Mar 14, 2013
FL
We are currently living in the country on 4acres and we have a small flock of chickens. We will be moving in a couple of weeks to a house we are in the process of closing on. It's located in Orange Park, FL in Clay County. It's not one of those strict HOA neighborhoods either. It's voluntary HOA with no pet restrictions.

My husband couldn't find anything online that tells us if we will be allowed to keep our chickens when we move. He made some phone calls and asked how many we were allowed in city limits and a woman told him she wasn't sure she would have to call us back, she said she thinks it's based on zoning and that we may not be allowed to have any at all!

My 3 daughters have raised these chickens and they have been a part of our family for a while. My kids are homeschooled so they spend a lot of time with their chickens each day. It would really upset them if we had to get rid of them.

Can anybody help us find the actual laws for the Orange Park, FL (Clay County) area? We would greatly appreciate the help! We need to find out asap as we will be moving as soon as we close on this house. So within the next 3 weeks!

Back
Top Bottom