PLEASE HELP! OUR CHICKS HURT AND HAS HURT LEGS! NEEDING TO KNOW HOW TO HELP, IF SHE WILL LIVE AND A

ArtGirl

Chicken crazy
6 Years
Mar 19, 2013
With chickens somewhere.......
We went to our feed store today to pick up our chick order when one of the road island reds in the case was crawling around and wasn't doing good at all. The feed store assistance's were going to give up on her and let her die
hit.gif
. So we said that we would help nurse her and try to make her well.
She has really crocked legs and we need to know how to fix them and any tips would be appreciated. We read online that if you put the legs together with vets tap or other gentle tap it will correct the crocked legs but it looks like the joint is deformed so were wondering if it will work. She is barely eating and drinking and we need to now if there is any hope for her
sad.png
We also need a good name for her so any suggestions is very helpful
smile.png

Sorry about your little chick.
hugs.gif
Try making some splints. I believe you can find somewhere on here how to make it. Also she could have a slipped tendon which makes the joint look terribly swollen. Also a forum somewhere on here. Try searching, sorry I could'nt be more help.

I am having the same problem, is it standing on its elbow, and leg sticking forward? check my thread called 'chick born with Wonky leg' for a photo, except mine is eating. I really want to save it :(

We have been giving her electrolytes and it seems to be helping but she seems to not want to bend her elbow area and when she walks without the brace that I gave her she walks in a swimming motion and she does like the splits. It's like when she hatched and the bone was still soft the factery workers put her in with the other chicks and her legs hardend crooked
hit.gif
I will post some pics when I can.

The first pic is of the bent ankle. The second pic is of what we did to her legs to pull them together. We also gave here some chick flip flops so we can fix her curled up feet but I couldn't get the picture to load
sad.png

I'm on my phone so can't link it , it's a few down from here 'chick born with wonky leg' the photo is a 3rd post , your chicks leg is at a slightly different angle to mine

Back
Top Bottom