Please help.....

Not trying to sound judgemental, but how old is the post and did you demand only pet homes for him? Unfortunately a lot of people don't seem to realize not everyone wants pet roosters that live close to a decade.

The post is about 2 days old and no I didn't ''demand'' only pet homes but I did say he was a pet. I wouldn't be re-homing him at all if I could keep him. Tractor supply says you have a 10% chance of getting a rooster but it's more like 50% unless you know how to vent-sex.
Not trying to sound judgemental, but how old is the post and did you demand only pet homes for him? Unfortunately a lot of people don't seem to realize not everyone wants pet roosters that live close to a decade.

I have been wrestling with the idea of rehoming him for a while now. I want to be clear that this is not easy for me. I love all of my animals and this would be my first rehoming of any animal in my life.

The post is about 2 days old and no I didn't ''demand'' only pet homes but I did say he was a pet. I wouldn't be re-homing him at all if I could keep him. Tractor supply says you have a 10% chance of getting a rooster but it's more like 50% unless you know how to vent-sex.
Okay, give the post more time. I just wanted to make sure you weren't scaring people off with the post. There's one poster that wanted to do interviews with everyone to make sure they were never going to think about eating a bird they got from them.

As for sexing, its 75-90% sexed pullets will be pullets. Straight run is normally 50-50. My TSC only has straight run, probably so people don't blame them that they didn't get 100% girls.

Vent sexing also has to be done the first day by professionals. Can't do it with chicks from TSC

I didn't see anyone demanding anything. And I totally understand her wanting him to go to a good home where he won't get eaten. And what did you mean by close to a decade, the rooster? Because as far as I can tell he is pretty young.
She was saying he will live close to a decade. He just started crowing about a month ago.

Back
Top Bottom