PLEASE HELP

Animal-lady7

Chirping
Apr 11, 2021
The baby rescue peachick I am raising has suddenly gone down hill after abt 5 weeks of great health.
She has become more quiet and didn’t want to follow me just sits there or walks slowly.

After doing some reaserch I believe she has a dangerous type of worm but I’m not sure what wormer I can use on her.
She is constantly fluffed up but is still eating and doing healthy looking poops.

If you know what wormer I can use or think there is something els wrong with her from experience please help!

Hi there, we need more info.
It's likely not worms.
What's it's diet, approximate age, what's it's crop feel like? Does it still use heat?
Any mucus or wheezing?
Atm she is abt 5-6 weeks old. She is on a diet of young game bird food and she gets a very very small amount of fruit twice a week.
She follows me through the property and if I lift a mat she will eat the earth worms underneath which occurs abt every second day or so. I s add Leo occasionally give her a meeleworm or two.
I have tried to give her veggies but she is not interested.
She sleeps with a teddy but the room she sleeps in is always very warm at night here.

Today all this started happening and I forgot to add that she has started showing sights of diarrhoea.
Her crop feels pretty empty but I have nothing to compare it to and she eats very well.
Thanks

Exactly, and the OP should get in the habit of dosing the chick once per month for cocci and worms until winter. She still hasn't filled in her profile but we can safely assume she lives in the southern hemisphere and will have access to Baycox or another form of toltrazuril.

Thanks for the advice I will try worming her and see if she gets any better, if not I will take her to the vet.

Back
Top Bottom