IMG_3894.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3899.jpeg
    IMG_3899.jpeg
    723.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3898.jpeg
    IMG_3898.jpeg
    762.3 KB · Views: 3
The first one is separated bc she just looks puffy, comb is flopped over and the back of it had a bluish tint to it, she moves slow and has been staying away from the other chickens, she wasn't pooping much, although she's pooping now. it's very wet and looks like diarrhea. At one point she seemed to be having a hard time breathing. she was breathing heavy and I could hear noises. She's not doing that anymore either. She free ranges fine, is eating and drinking fine as well.

The second one I separated because her comb started looking droopy as well, Then I was seeing spots and the white stuff which was within a day and I didn't know if it was fowl pox. I checked her for mites and thought she might have had then. Everyone got a mite/lice treatment with elector psp. I checked them all not last night but the night before and did not see anything crawling around on them or their roosting bars.

Here is the second sick chciken. Puffy, pale face
Agreed, the white on the earlobes is just color bleed typical of hybrid hens. The beak is a bit dry. If you wish you can apply a very small amount of Vitamin E oil around the beak to help moisturize it.

The one that is puffy with a pale face, is her crop emptying overnight? It looks like she's molting. Any bubbles in her eyes?
I'd provide her with a bit of extra protein a couple of times a week. Look her over for lice/mites.

"First One". If she's moving about, ranging and eat/drinking o.k., I'd let her do her chicken thing.
The hens are hybrids, so at some point, they may all start to have some type of reproductive issue.

Provide fresh nutritionally balanced feed, clean drinking water. Check crops to see if they empty. Keep external and internal parasites under control.

Agreed, the white on the earlobes is just color bleed typical of hybrid hens. The beak is a bit dry. If you wish you can apply a very small amount of Vitamin E oil around the beak to help moisturize it.

The one that is puffy with a pale face, is her crop emptying overnight? It looks like she's molting. Any bubbles in her eyes?
I'd provide her with a bit of extra protein a couple of times a week. Look her over for lice/mites.

"First One". If she's moving about, ranging and eat/drinking o.k., I'd let her do her chicken thing.
The hens are hybrids, so at some point, they may all start to have some type of reproductive issue.

Provide fresh nutritionally balanced feed, clean drinking water. Check crops to see if they empty. Keep external and internal parasites under control.
That all sounds good and doable. No bubbles in her eyes. Just seems puffy, dirty butt all the time and slower moving. But she’s upbeat and pleasant. I did a lice/mite treatment and thought I saw dead red looking little bugs when I cleaned her butt a few days after the treatment.

Food recommendations??? I’ve used a couple of different ones but don’t really have a favorite. Comes down to quality and cost.

Back
Top Bottom