Please help

Thank you. It's frustrating because I at time, feel like i'm failing. I'm trying to take care of them the best that I can and it just seems like I can't get ahead of whatever has been going on since the spring. I did send out a poop sample and got it back that there were no worms. I could do another one and check again. I've been doing the oregano but haven't done the pumpkin seeds yet. Some of the chics are sweet and cooperative and others not so much. Andddd I get frustrated with that. ahaha sometimes i just cry. I enjoy having chickens but like i said, the 3 got sick and just never recovered. And i've looked up so many things and have asked so many people for help and feel more confused and overwhelmed...
You are not alone ♡ kind of like drinking out of a fire hose sometimes. I'm so sorry. You are learning some good lessons, especially the tuff ones. Stay the course.
I'm so glad you did a fecal float. Good job. How long ago did you do the float? That was pre symptoms or post?

You are not alone ♡ kind of like drinking out of a fire hose sometimes. I'm so sorry. You are learning some good lessons, especially the tuff ones. Stay the course.
I'm so glad you did a fecal float. Good job. How long ago did you do the float? That was pre symptoms or post?
post symptoms and it was in late june or early july

Yes they are. I wasn't sure when they would stop laying. I've tried to get help from so many vets around me in suburbs of Philly, PA and have not found one that will help me. The last poop test I did was through the mail.
RSL's are kind of notorious for having repro issues. I have a couple but have not had any troubles with them yet (touch wood) at 2 years old now.
I don't give them much empty calorie snacks. I keep things high protein and add poultry vitamins in the waters 1x per week. If I see anyone looking stressed I will add 2- 3 times. That with regular deworming I have managed to avoid the troubles and hard lessons I had early on.

RSL's are kind of notorious for having repro issues. I have a couple but have not had any troubles with them yet (touch wood) at 2 years old now.
I don't give them much empty calorie snacks. I keep things high protein and add poultry vitamins in the waters 1x per week. If I see anyone looking stressed I will add 2- 3 times. That with regular deworming I have managed to avoid the troubles and hard lessons I had early on.
I'm doing all of that except for the deworming. i'm not savvy as to how to do that and i'm terrified at the same time....lol

which poultry vitamins do you use
Screenshot_20230916_143146_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Screenshot_20230916_143045_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Maybe you can find a vet willing to do a float in office? They should test for parasites also.
I can try again. when the first one died I spent all day calling around trying to find someone to help me. The closest chicken vet was in new jersey which was too far for me. That's part of my frustration is the lack of resources. One vet explained to me that the way the state laws are chickens are not recognized as pets so the vets don't want to help because of liability issues with the state and they could lose their license. So it's not worth it for them to take care of chickens

Back
Top Bottom