Please just tell me about this EE

marypcoleman

In the Brooder
Feb 14, 2016

This is my 14 week old black and white EE next to what I believe is a brown EE hen. I have read a lot on this site. It is a rooster, right? If so I have to try to give him away. He is massive. Thank you

These two survived out of the five. Hardy chickens that they are. I did get a Golden Comet and Rhode Island chick about five weeks ago. I keep them separated until they get bigger.

I figured as much as reading on here. It is still difficult to hear for some reason. He was sold as a she chick but I guess that happens. I read here that EEs are difficult to sex. Maybe it is better to steer clear of this breed for that reason. Thank you

Actually mix ups happen at the feed store all the time. And sexing from what I've seen is only about 95% accurate. So it could happen in any breed. I wouldn't let THAT be reason you choose not to keep EE's. I have many breeds, and they are pretty good. I just wanted to make sure your other girl wasn't going to be alone.
smile.png

Good luck!

No worries there. That is what also makes this so hard. They have been through stuff together..survival being the most important. I am looking at other hens but will have to separate for awhile I know. The other two are almost ready to be put with the EE hen. I will wait until I find a home for Glory. That might take a bit. Thanks for your concern for the chickens. I have grown to care about them more than I thought I would.

Back
Top Bottom