Please me. Is this a breed?

She's very beautiful. From what I'm seeing in the replies it seems I may have a copper marine. So chuffed, the eggs were just sold as 'various'. And one of her babies has her colouring too. Very happy chicken mummy.

Wow, where do you source your marans? Are they good black copper marans?
My original 5 came from Meyers Hatchery as day olds. I ordered 1 boy, 4 girls but got an accidental boy. All the others are my stock. I'm at 19 now... 2 boys, 9 girls, and the 8- 5 week olds.

And got 2 broodys sitting on 18 eggs from 2 other hens. Both test mates.

My original 5 came from Meyers Hatchery as day olds. I ordered 1 boy, 4 girls but got an accidental boy. All the others are my stock. I'm at 19 now... 2 boys, 9 girls, and the 8- 5 week olds.

And got 2 broodys sitting on 18 eggs from 2 other hens. Both test mates.
Wow. Good for you. Are you breeding for sale?

I just spoke to someone in my area who is selling a pair of 1+ month old boy and girl BCM. 6 weeks is still too early to tell right?

She's very beautiful. From what I'm seeing in the replies it seems I may have a copper marine. So chuffed, the eggs were just sold as 'various'. And one of her babies has her colouring too. Very happy chicken mummy.
Do you have recent pictures?
What color are her eggs?

Wow. Good for you. Are you breeding for sale?

I just spoke to someone in my area who is selling a pair of 1+ month old boy and girl BCM. 6 weeks is still too early to tell right?
I sell hatching eggs, but just locally.

6 weeks too early for gender? No....I knew at 3-4 weeks.

Have seller send you pics then post them here.

Here's both of my boys hatched march 31 Easter Sunday. Pic was taken April 22nd. Exactly 3 weeks and 1 day, so I knew before that.
IMG_20240422_153314.jpg
IMG_20240422_153541.jpg

I sell hatching eggs, but just locally.

6 weeks too early for gender? No....I knew at 3-4 weeks.

Have seller send you pics then post them here.

Here's both of my boys hatched march 31 Easter Sunday. Pic was taken April 22nd. Exactly 3 weeks and 1 day, so I knew before that.
View attachment 3834486View attachment 3834487
I asked her. Waiting for the pictures. Your marans are beautiful. I heard the hatch rate for marans is pretty bad, so better let the hen hatch her own babies right?

Back
Top Bottom