Please me. Is this a breed?

Stupid autocorrect. It should have said maran. She's certainly not laying the same colour egg she came out of. If I'm wrong and she's not a Maran, can anyone clue me in? Sorry it's not a great picture. Legally blind, so I just point and shoot lol.
Oh nooooo. She's not a Maran but she's beautiful. The egg is a nice color and will make for a colorful egg basket. Yeah, start a new thread. I would love to know what she is also.

Stupid autocorrect. It should have said maran. She's certainly not laying the same colour egg she came out of. If I'm wrong and she's not a Maran, can anyone clue me in? Sorry it's not a great picture. Legally blind, so I just point and shoot lol.
If you do start a thread, try to get some clearer pics, especially showing her comb and feet/legs. Like I said, I'm not an expert here and welcome any corrections.. the comb looks like a rose comb to my limited knowledge but I could be wrong there.
Similar to a Wyandottes comb which is coincidentally what the egg color resembles.
Oh nooooo. She's not a Maran but she's beautiful. The egg is a nice color and will make for a colorful egg basket. Yeah, start a new thread. I would love to know what she is also.
I agree...🙂

@MayBerg what color is little one 'Gypsy's' legs and feet? Your looking for 'slate' grey leg shanks and pink feet in Marans.

It would be awesome if you could take pics of any changes to her face/comb/wattles coloring.

Based on that Gypsy thread I'm second guessing and will apologize to all for the misinformation and lack of knowledge. I still think it's odd coming from the same breeder that has ACs but wierder things have happened.
I hope I am incorrect, tho. I know your wanting her to be a Marans.

Hope to see the update pics, she really is pretty. ♥️

This is what the lady has for sale.
What do you guys think?

Attachments

• IMG_3168.jpg
    IMG_3168.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3167.jpg
    IMG_3167.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3165.jpg
    IMG_3165.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 12
This is what the lady has for sale.
What do you guys think?
If there's 4 birds I see 2 cockerels, 2 pullets.

1st pic... 3 birds. Cockerel on left, 2 pullets. Can't see head of 4th.
2nd pic.... 4 birds- left to right. Pullet, looks like a cockerel, pullet, barely see head and comb but it's a cockerel.
3rd pic. Left to right. Only 2 in that pic
Pullet and cockerel

If there's 4 birds I see 2 cockerels, 2 pullets.

1st pic... 3 birds. Cockerel on left, 2 pullets. Can't see head of 4th.
2nd pic.... 4 birds- left to right. Pullet, looks like a cockerel, pullet, barely see head and comb but it's a cockerel.
3rd pic. Left to right. Only 2 in that pic
Pullet and cockerel
Yes she said she has 2 pullets 2 Cockrell.
Thinking abt getting a boy and a girl.

Anything inparticular I need to look for?

Yes she said she has 2 pullets 2 Cockrell.
Thinking abt getting a boy and a girl.

Anything inparticular I need to look for?
Big and chunky, low to the ground not tall in the legs. Wide stance. If there's any color on the boys look for too much in the chest area but that's not too important, it may molt out. Look for pink feet, and feathered legs but not too much and only on the outside of leg shanks and outer toe.
Can you see if she'll send you close up pics? Did she hatch them, if so what color eggs? Pics of parents?

You want big meaty birds. Not tall and lanky.
Have fun with it, and pick which ones You like...
My opinion and this is hard by the pics. But I would get the big boy with the brighter comb in the 1st and 3rd pic. He looks like he's gonna be a tank. Other looks scrawny still... This don't mean much right now he could've been the runt. It's all a guess....

Take them suggestions, use your best judgement and you got this !! 🙂

Just throwing it out there.

If you have the space and can afford them. Get all 4. Then decide in a month or so. (Longer the better), and re-home or sell the boy you don't want. That gives you time to watch them fill out and color up.... 🤨

Just throwing it out there.

If you have the space and can afford them. Get all 4. Then decide in a month or so. (Longer the better), and re-home or sell the boy you don't want. That gives you time to watch them fill out and color up.... 🤨
What a great suggestion!!!!
Thank you

Back
Top Bottom