Please post pix of your pheasants. :]

You have a pair of Yellow Golden Pheasants! They are at least two years old since the male is fully colored. I do not know much about the eggs. IF you are up north like me where we still are getting snow, then you still have time before getting eggs. Either way they are beautiful and good luck with them!

You have a pair of Yellow Golden Pheasants!  They are at least two years old since the male is fully colored.  I do not know much about the eggs.  IF you are up north like me where we still are getting snow, then you still have time before getting eggs.  Either way they are beautiful and good luck with them!
thank you! I'm not up north but still getting a little snow here and there.I'm in east tn

I have a few pheasants. Just got a trio of Malanistic yesterday. Already have a red golden pair and a male Temmincks. The female is what I now need!!

Sorry, the peas wanted to be in the last photo too.

Pretty birds! So colorful. Thats very cool they all get along. I was debating about putting temmincks in with peafowl this fall.

Very nice! The ringnecks will crossbreed with other birds unfortunately. That is why I sold my melanistics last year because the rooster was breeding every hen. I too had a lone temminck's male until he was fully colored until I acquired females this year. I felt that the bonding time with him was very nice, and he helped get the hens friendly as well.

Very nice! The ringnecks will crossbreed with other birds unfortunately. That is why I sold my melanistics last year because the rooster was breeding every hen. I too had a lone temminck's male until he was fully colored until I acquired females this year. I felt that the bonding time with him was very nice, and he helped get the hens friendly as well.

I have the Melanistics in with a pair of Mandarins. The Red-Goldens and the Temminck male are with the Peas. Hoping all stay good natured together!

I have a few questions that I hope my fellow members could answer for me..
1. I have a ringneck hen who is currently laying, however, she sporadically lays them all over the pen and not in a nest. The hen and rooster are separated. Idk if you have had pheasants do that, but i don't think it's normal. lol. And I know the eggs are fertile.
2. If she doesn't start making a nest (which i don't think she will) i want to gather the eggs and incubate them. - this is where most of my ??? come from..
I attempted to hatch them last year with no success so i would like to know an experienced hatchers thought.. (or anyones for that matter)
3. I made a Styrofoam incubator with a light and a glass window in the front. I wanted to modify it and add a fan and possibly my own turner so i don't have to keep opening the lid and letting the heat come out.. what do you think on Styrofoam incubators?
4. how do you keep the temp and humidity consistent without it fluctuating dramatically? - i don't have that high of a light wattage.. 25W.
5. My incubator is currently steady at 47% humidity and 91 degrees F. Is this temp and humidity sufficient enough to throw my eggs in??

I think that's all of my questions! ha I hope you can answer them! I

Oh, lastly.. if I can't get my pheasant to nest, or my incubator to do its job, what do you think about a broody hen hatching them for me????

All thoughts accepted! Thanks a bunch!

I have a few questions that I hope my fellow members could answer for me..
1. I have a ringneck hen who is currently laying, however, she sporadically lays them all over the pen and not in a nest. The hen and rooster are separated. Idk if you have had pheasants do that, but i don't think it's normal. lol. And I know the eggs are fertile.
2. If she doesn't start making a nest (which i don't think she will) i want to gather the eggs and incubate them. - this is where most of my ??? come from..
I attempted to hatch them last year with no success so i would like to know an experienced hatchers thought.. (or anyones for that matter)
3. I made a Styrofoam incubator with a light and a glass window in the front. I wanted to modify it and add a fan and possibly my own turner so i don't have to keep opening the lid and letting the heat come out.. what do you think on Styrofoam incubators?
4. how do you keep the temp and humidity consistent without it fluctuating dramatically? - i don't have that high of a light wattage.. 25W.
5. My incubator is currently steady at 47% humidity and 91 degrees F. Is this temp and humidity sufficient enough to throw my eggs in??

I think that's all of my questions! ha I hope you can answer them! I

Oh, lastly.. if I can't get my pheasant to nest, or my incubator to do its job, what do you think about a broody hen hatching them for me????

All thoughts accepted! Thanks a bunch!
1.How do you know the eggs are fertile if they are seperated?Ringnecks seem to always lay all over their pen.
2.They seem to set when there is a pile of brush in their pen,where you can't even see them.
3.I have had absolutely no luck hatching with a styrofoam bator.I feel that the temps fluxuates because styrofoam breathes.If the room temp changes,the bator temp changes,unless you have a fan which holds it pretty close to the right temp.
4.Gamebirds are very tricky to hatch,if you want good results you need to buy a good incubator.
5.They are both too low,humidity should be around 65% and temp 99.5.
Bantams are great setters,but ringnecks first sense is to run,and they do,sometimes never seen again.
In N.H.,Tony.

Thank you for your response. I know they are fertile because they were in the same pen then a day after they mated I separated them so the female wouldn't get nervous when she started to lay.

Back
Top Bottom