Please recommend a pasture fence design

The perimeter fencing is much cheaper and can be easier to maintain on larger areas. It also do not contain chicken's well although if chicken encourages to stay within core away from perimeter then you have a more economical option. Most of my paddocks defined by poultry netting have been inside the perimeter fencing where the poultry netting is used mostly to confine birds (juveniles) not inclined to fly. The netting stops smaller ground predators like raccoons, oppossums and foxes from getting at ground roosting juveniles. Those predators are harder to stop with perimeter fencing unless you have dogs that patrol frequently. Even with frequent patrols you will have troubles with Great-horned Owls at night and if dogs used to prevent owl-damage the dogs need to be able to get to where owl is when it comes in.

Oh my... THANK YOU!!
That is so much better then the plan that I had.
What is your opinion on me using tall chicken wire fencing rather than welded wire fencing for my interior paddocks? Cost is the consideration.
I would still add an energizer to each paddock.

I carry a Kimber 1911 and Taurus .38 wheel gun for back-up.

I guess that I should change the title of this thread to "Please recommend a pasture fence design".

Back
Top Bottom