Please Shut Your Kid Up! *RANT*

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodriguezpoultry

Langshan Lover
11 Years
Jan 4, 2009
Claremore, OK
When we signed the lease agreement for this apartment, I was under the impression that we were supposed to be respectful of our neighbors.

We are on the bottom floor and a man JUST moved in. At all hours of the night he is stomping around, banging drawers shut, slamming cabinet doors...it's ridiculous.

NOW I have to listen to his brat screaming it's head off. I have half a mind to go up there and stuff a sock in the kid's mouth myself.

sorry...just infuriates me.

Last edited:
I had a solution for annoying apartment neighbors. I called the cops.
wink.png
The neighbors don't have to know it was you.

Quote:
I never was a cop caller. Nothing against the police, thank God for them, but I would try and handle it face to face. If you reach some sort of agreement you will feel much better about it. If you dont then I guess you have to look at other options but at least you gave it the ole face to face try.

By the way, how do you raise chickens in an apartment?

Last edited:
WOW..... you must not have any kids. There not dogs you can just tell to go shut up. If you didn't want to hear noise then maybe you shouldn't have moved into an apartment and definately not a downstairs one. Not trying to sound rude, but please shut your kid up. What kind of post is that. You have to expect noise when you are living in an apartment. If you can't deal with it then it's not a place for you to live. Personally I don't believe calling the cops on my neighbors either. You to have to come to some kind of agreement. I don't think the approach that you would take either would make it better. Like I said kids aren't dogs and they are very hard to keep quite. There just being kids and having fun. I just think it is very rude how you came off about the kids. Sorry if this sounds harsh.

We lived in one apt. that was like living in a multi room tent and in another you hardly knew you had neighbors. Maybe your new neighbor doesn't realize how "thin the walls are" there. Mention it to him from the point of view of a neighbor worried because you heard his child crying loudly in the night.
If that approach doesn't work let the property manager know and perhaps they can handle it.
I'm all for avoiding conflict...
hmm.png
especially since we can't choose our neighbors.

Quote:
I have to say I agree. Kids are going to cry and make noise. How old is the child? If it is non-stop screaming/crying, instead of threatening to stuff a sock in it's mouth I'd be more worried something was wrong with the child.

hugs.gif
I'm sorry. I used to live in a condo complex where I dealt with that 24-7. It was horrible. Slamming doors, running up and down stairs, fights. I feel your pain. Good luck!

Quote:
I would've said it the other way around....you can tell a kid to shut up, but not a dog. Unless the kid is a baby, anyway, in which case neither can be told to shut up. But there are absolutely ways to keep a kid quiet if he/she is old enough to understand what you're saying.

If you didn't want to hear noise then maybe you shouldn't have moved into an apartment and definately not a downstairs one.

Living in an apartment doesn't mean that a person must put up with any amount of noise. A lot of people don't have any choice about living in one, and they shouldn't have to deal with excessive and continuous noise from neighbors.

My old apartment complex had its own security service, and I'd call them when the people downstairs were watching football with the volume turned way up and screaming at the TV (yes, I tried asking the neighbors to be quiet first. Didn't work). If we didn't have a security service, I would've called the cops.

One neighbor would blast music at 4am on weeknights, and then was surprised when I complained to them about it. They said "We work nights; why don't you respect our schedule?" I said "I do-- I don't blast music loudly ever." People who live in apartments have to be considerate of their neighbors....they can't make the kind of noise someone could if they had a house of their own.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom