Please someone answer ASAP - I've already lost 1 chicken to this sickness -

MaidenShade

Chirping
6 Years
Mar 16, 2013
If my chicken is on Duramycin 10 (if she even drank any), can I give a shot of Tylan 50 concurrently? If not, how long does she have to be off of it?

How many shots a day and what strength for a chicken a bit bigger than a bantam, and smaller than a big chicken?

Thanks -

If my chicken is on Duramycin 10 (if she even drank any), can I give a shot of Tylan 50 concurrently? If not, how long does she have to be off of it?

How many shots a day and what strength for a chicken a bit bigger than a bantam, and smaller than a big chicken?

Thanks -

If you can tell me approximately how much she weighs I can tell you how much medication you can give her.

-Kathy

TY FOR ANSWERING ME!!! My husband is guessing a couple of pounds. To me she feels lighter -

Here is what one person said to me after telling me not to use antibiotics as they aren't "the answer to everything."

Agree? Disagree?
  • "Not what you want to hear, however, health of the flock outweighs the 1 in my book. Personally I would cull, triple bag, refrigerate and get to the state lab asking for a rush due to 2nd bird in a short time. Clean everything they came in contact with"

Last edited:
Here is what one person said to me - Agree? Disagree?
  • "Not what you want to hear, however, health of the flock outweighs the 1 in my book. Personally I would cull, triple bag, refrigerate and get to the state lab asking for a rush due to 2nd bird in a short time. Clean everything they came in contact with"
Your state lab will have a preliminary report tomorrow, so call them.

-Kathy

She's a littler bird, so she always feels frail to me - I don't know if she's any thinner.

I hear her pecking at the scratch I gave her and I know she is eating that. I haven't seen her eating her crumbles, but I have her cage covered up to protect her from drafts (we are in FL and have air conditioning on). I am going to feed her scrambled eggs tomorrow. Maybe some pork roast right now -

I think it's about a 3 - her crop feels like it has food in there, so I know she's eaten. That's good - and I saw her take a drink of her medicated water.

I think it's about a 3 - her crop feels like it has food in there, so I know she's eaten. That's good - and I saw her take a drink of her medicated water.
Okay, so if she's a 3, she's probably closer to two pounds than she is to one pound. I don't know if you're supposed to give tetracycline (Duramycin) and tylosin (Tylan) together, so not sure I would do that. You could try giving her the max dose of Tylan orally, and for a two pound bird that would be:

2 / 2.2 x 55 / 50 = 1 ml orally twice a day

If she were mine and I didn't have any Baytril, Cipro, that's what I would do.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom