Plugged sinus? Dark Cornish hen

No
I am NOT familiar with frostbite, but I wonder IF it could have something to do with frostbite...:confused:
Topic of the Week - Frostbite, prevention and treatment - Graphic images in thread
@BantyChooks
No, its not frostbite. I've tried researching images and posts of similar and believe its either a plugged sinus or a tumor. I hate to lose her as she's one of three dark Cornish I have left but she's getting on in age. I do want to protect my laying flock and not have her suffer. She seemed fine other than the Banty size lump.

Oo
No

No, its not frostbite. I've tried researching images and posts of similar and believe its either a plugged sinus or a tumor. I hate to lose her as she's one of three dark Cornish I have left but she's getting on in age. I do want to protect my laying flock and not have her suffer. She seemed fine other than the Banty egg size lump.

I order the feed in and sometimes to my dismay it contains mold bits that I pick out. It takes about a week to get here so returning it is a hardship. I give them oats and sunflower seeds along with some chard or kale and oyster shell.

They have a deep litter winter coop that is insulated, three windows, the litter is a mix of straw and cedar shavings, mainly clean straw. And its a good sized building like a normal sized bedroom since our winters are longer than our summers.

Back
Top Bottom