Plymouth Rock Contest Ends Halloween

Quote:
You did. I pmed Chicks and Turks like a week ago but nothing.
Just_Cuz_06.gif

Last edited:
This was a difficult job. I had to get out my copy of the SOP to check the point break down a couple of times. From the rules of the OP I judged only from the first picture of each bird. Since there are things that can't be seen from a picture I figured that anything not seen was "average" or worth 75% of the possible points. I also assumed that there were no DQs in the unseen parts of the bird. In the spirit of the original poster, I will only mention faults of the winners. If you would like my opinion of your bird and why it placed where did PM me and I'll send you a copy of my notes on your bird (note, I'm not an APA licensed judge, just a breeder). Here are a couple of drawings of the perfect Barred Plymouth Rock pair from the 1906 APA SOP (copyright has expired)...

31287_sop_roo.jpg

31287_sop_hen.jpg

That being said the results are...

Honorable mentions

Bard Shamrock's None Yet

bardrock.jpg

This guy was probably a "looker" in his day, but that was quite a while ago.

Patricium's Zo

35536_p1010670.jpg

He will be a "looker" in a few months but needs to fill out and make weight before he can place in a show.

Reserve hen

ChickenChamer's Simone

anothersimone-1.jpg

Simone separates herself from the rest with a reasonably smooth topline, good sturdy legs and nice breast. Her tailset is low, her pattern could be better defined and her comb and wattles smoother.

Champion hen

Americana_Chick's Sanga

ChickPicks019.jpg

Sanga has an excellent topline, fairly decent pattern, nice comb, wattles, earlobes. Her legs and neck are ok. Tail set could be a little higher and breast could be deeper.

Reserve roo

ChickenFarmer5382's Loverboy

DSC00235.jpg

Very nice boy, could have a smoother topline, better defined pattern and his comb has one too many points (having to dig deep to find faults with this roo).

Champion roo

QuailHollowPointers' Dingleman

13020_13020_truebarredrocks.jpg

You should have cut this picture in half and entered the hen too. Can I buy some hatching eggs from this pair?

Best in show

QuailHollowPointers' Dingleman

thumbsup.gif

Yeah guys I am SOOOOOOOO sorry. Our house got broken into and we just got a new computer. Thanks so much for selecting a winner. Very good decision, and thanks everyone for being patient!

thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom