Point of lay?

Thank j
She is a Chicken and will lay that egg...Soon too!
Hens like home and if your nest boxes are soft with straw and shavings? she will use those.
If they Roost every night in the coop with the nest boxes you will be so happy to find the egg in the near future. I think in about a week.?
[/quote

Thank you so much for your help! She roosts every night in the coop by the lay boxes so I will expect an egg there. Thanks again!!

No eggs yet, but today she was singing the egg song loudly in the yard. I can't find an egg anywhere. Do they sometimes sing the egg song if they are close to laying?

Yes...and they will go in and come out, go in and come out of the nest area. They sense they are supposed to do something but aren't sure what yet. Sort of like pre-labor pains.

LofMc

If you are still letting her out you might want to look for a stash of eggs. I had a pullet that was the smallest of the bunch and I thought she was just a little late in laying eggs compared to the others. She would disappear for about an hour every morning and I would search and search for her. Even if I only let her out for an hour in the afternoon it was like she was holding it to run for her hiding spot. When I finally found her very concealed nest there were 9 eggs! The others had only been laying for five or six days (and all in the coop). So if you still don't have eggs and you think you should by now then I would definitely recommend locking her up all day or plan on following her around!

If you are still letting her out you might want to look for a stash of eggs. I had a pullet that was the smallest of the bunch and I thought she was just a little late in laying eggs compared to the others. She would disappear for about an hour every morning and I would search and search for her. Even if I only let her out for an hour in the afternoon it was like she was holding it to run for her hiding spot. When I finally found her very concealed nest there were 9 eggs! The others had only been laying for five or six days (and all in the coop). So if you still don't have eggs and you think you should by now then I would definitely recommend locking her up all day or plan on following her around!

Thank you!!! I'll confine her to the run/coop today and see if she lays an egg for me.

This is a chicken and not a rooster, right?

Back
Top Bottom