Polish chick? Male/female?

Azurecooper

Chirping
Jun 23, 2021
Any thoughts friends? I know polish chicks can be deciphered by their too crest but I’m having a tough time, thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 1E868608-2879-4DEC-88F5-22E89FF07EEF.jpeg
    1E868608-2879-4DEC-88F5-22E89FF07EEF.jpeg
    285.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 073FCB8D-8FD3-4E47-8C4A-6938FCBBB904.jpeg
    073FCB8D-8FD3-4E47-8C4A-6938FCBBB904.jpeg
    266.9 KB · Views: 5
Cute chick! Unfortunately your chick is too young to sex yet. Polish are notoriously hard to sex. The shape of the head as chicks has no bearing on what the chick is. Yes the crest when fully developed can help.

Repost some pics please 6 weeks but be prepared for possibly not knowing for even longer! I’ve had some keep me guessing for months!

Any thoughts friends? I know polish chicks can be deciphered by their too crest but I’m having a tough time, thanks in advance!
I am clearly guessing, but by the wing feather method I think they may be females.

In some scenarios, young pullets (baby hens) will develop wing feathers faster than cockerels (baby roosters). This is not an exact, 100% way to do it, but it can work out. And the shape of the wing feathers, primaries and secondaries, can also help point you in the right direction. ⬇️

1681628799359.jpeg

Cute chick! Unfortunately your chick is too young to sex yet. Polish are notoriously hard to sex. The shape of the head as chicks has no bearing on what the chick is. Yes the crest when fully developed can help.

Repost some pics please 6 weeks but be prepared for possibly not knowing for even longer! I’ve had some keep me guessing for months!
thank you for the response and thoroughness 😊

I am clearly guessing, but by the wing feather method I think they may be females.

In some scenarios, young pullets (baby hens) will develop wing feathers faster than cockerels (baby roosters). This is not an exact, 100% way to do it, but it can work out. And the shape of the wing feathers, primaries and secondaries, can also help point you in the right direction. ⬇️

View attachment 3469286
Thank you for the effort! I guess it’s a wait and see, like almost every chick 😂

Back
Top Bottom