Polish people will laugh at this

Sure. I'll send kiszka in exchange for chicks/hatching eggs come spring.

It costs $4.99 per kiszka. It's Kowalski brand although occasionally they get in Kogel's. Kogel's is a meat company based in Flint, MI and the source of the great coney dogs you mentioned earlier.

Wife and I went to the European provision store yesterday. Got lots of good stuff. Noticed some "TV" kielbasa and just had to ask, "What is that." Answer was, "Well it's to eat in front of the TV." O.K., we added some to our bounty.
lol.png

gig.gif

LOL

Only the Polish!

Actually, that old Polish joke about the solar powered flashlights has come true! There really are solar powered flashlights now.

The meat market where I get the kiszka actually has about 6 different varieties of kielbasa, but not once have I ever seen TV kielbasa. I'll have to ask about that now.

Just stocked up on kiszka today. Now if anyone comes in looking for kiszka, I'll be the reason the store is sold out (there were only 3, I texted Dad to see how many he wanted and he said to get all 3).

Now, my late husband was German. The thought of eating chopped pork snouts in blood, packed with barley didn't phase him in the least.

Boyfriend is "American" Whatever that means
roll.png

He keeps insisting that there is no such thing as a "hyphenated American" although I am living proof that such exists. "Yah, you keep telling yourself that when there's a jar of pickled fish in front of you at Christmas dinner!"

As I was putting the kiszka away, I glanced at the ingredients. "Uh, sweetie, I wouldn't look at these ingredients if I were you ..."
hide.gif

If your dear boyfriend is American, see what his hertitage is by talking to his parents or siblings. If they don't know, time to go into Ancestry.com!

Quote:
It's that time of year again. We have located a store, Hlinka Polish Deli, that is closer to home and today we will order goodies for our Christmas dinner.
droolin.gif

My one Chinese grand daughter is the biggest kielbasa eater - go figure.
lol.png

I've lived in the middle of Wisconsin my whole life, and grew up eating blood sausage, I love it, my mom still makes it once in awhile. We also have a soup around here with blood in it, we called it czarnia. I think that's the way it is spelled. I don't like the soup, but I like the goose that is cooked in it. It's kind of sad that all the ways of doing things like that are slowly dying.

Quote:
DH is mostly German. When he first came to my father's for Christmas, I had to explain that we eat "weird" food at Christmas, kielbasa, ham, creamed herring, rye bread, cabbage, pierogi ...

He just looked at me and asked, "So what's the weird food?"

what , no hurki or kruschiki ,and where the potatoe pancake:drool...
old.gif

Hungarian family here and we have a lot of ethnic foods that we LOVE to get from the local markets and stores.German,hungarian,polish,russian,turkish...you name it there are foods from so many we love. Love the ethnic foods,but oh my sometimes the prices are steep for some of those things.We pay it though,and we will wait patiently for our orders.Yes, sometimes the demand is so high for certain things we have to place orders weeks in advance.

Quote:
DH is mostly German. When he first came to my father's for Christmas, I had to explain that we eat "weird" food at Christmas, kielbasa, ham, creamed herring, rye bread, cabbage, pierogi ...

He just looked at me and asked, "So what's the weird food?"

what , no hurki or kruschiki ,and where the potatoe pancake:drool...
old.gif

We do the Chruschiki, no potato pancake though.

No czarnina either. My great-grandmother made it with duck and even though her recipe has been handed down to daughters and granddaughters, no one can make it like she used to.

Back
Top Bottom