Polish (possibly Polish/Showgirl mix)

Maddemaran

Songster
Dec 31, 2021
Collecting eggs from my hens to put in the incubator the 5th or 6th of January!
I'm so excited!
This is sort of just a test run, to see what I actually get 😅
I'm planning to separate the polish hens I want to breed and introduce only the polish rooster I want to father for a later hatch, but for now the eggs might be fertilized by my Showgirl roo too. One of my hens is frizzled, and I would so love to get a frizzled showgirl! Or maybe Polish with naked necks 😅

Can't wait to see how this all turns out and what kinds of chicks hatches 😄

Some pics of the gang!

PXL_20221206_135739953-01.jpeg
PXL_20221206_113500668-01.jpeg
PXL_20221220_121124436-01.jpeg
IMG_20211012_153956-01.jpeg

We just hatched some silkie and polish mixes! They are just so stinking cute! Be sure to post some pics and keep us updated in a hatch along!!!
20230102_225607.jpg

We just hatched some silkie and polish mixes! They are just so stinking cute! Be sure to post some pics and keep us updated in a hatch along!!!View attachment 3368791
Yours are simply adorable! 😍 Please keep me updated to how they grow 😊
I'm gonna candle tomorrow (day 3) to see how many have started to develop, I collected eggs over a longer than recommended time so I'm curious to see how they progress!

Today is lockdown, yay!
Out of the 26 eggs i collected and set, 13 have developed nicely and 13 were clear. Which makes me suspect that the remaining eggs all come from the same hen, since they all are one of each day of collecting.
Wonder if it's from the buff laced or gold laced hen, and who's the daddy. Can't wait to find out!

Also, might this mean that my Polish roo may actually be sterile? The Showgirl has fathered chicks before, but this is my first try at chicks since I added the Polish gang. The two roosters seems to almost have divided the ladies between them, sticking mostly to their own kind and newer vs older, but why would then only one of the 2 polish hens eggs be fertile?

A mystery to hopefully be solved in the coming days... 😅

Collecting eggs from my hens to put in the incubator the 5th or 6th of January!
I'm so excited!
This is sort of just a test run, to see what I actually get 😅
I'm planning to separate the polish hens I want to breed and introduce only the polish rooster I want to father for a later hatch, but for now the eggs might be fertilized by my Showgirl roo too. One of my hens is frizzled, and I would so love to get a frizzled showgirl! Or maybe Polish with naked necks 😅

Can't wait to see how this all turns out and what kinds of chicks hatches 😄

Some pics of the gang!

View attachment 3363990View attachment 3363991View attachment 3363993View attachment 3363994
Really excited to see what they turn out to be! Those are gorgeous polish!

And we have twelve little fluffnuggets! 🥰
All are pure Polish, which means luckily Percy isn't sterile 😅
As I suspected most eggs that hatched were from one hen, the gold laced frizzle. But we got one buff laced chick from the other hen aswell 🙂

PXL_20230127_081349975.MP.jpg

How bad is it that I'm already starting to collect eggs to put in the incubator in about a week or two? 😅
I sold 6 of the 12 chicks, and I have a feeling of only getting one hen out of the batch though it's absolutely too early to tell yet 🙈
But this new batch I'll also add some eggs from my green egger bantam/showgirl mix 😊
Not hatching to make as much money as possible, but it's such a fun way to finance some of the costs of my hobby!
And I'm planning to upgrade my Coop/run this spring 😀

Back
Top Bottom