Polish pullet with droopy wings and leg not working

LittleRooster

In the Brooder
10 Years
Dec 29, 2009
Georgetown, DE
Hello all,

One of my little girls is having a problem. I noticed about a week ago that one of her wings was droopy. I thought she hurt it...I looked it all over and couldn't find a problem. She seemed fine for a few days occasionally the wing wood droop but often it would be fine. A couple days ago I noticed it was both wings now and she is having trouble walking. I can't find anything wrong with her legs but she definitely is having problems and it is getting worse. I have separated her now into a crate that I placed in the coop/pen all the fancy chickens are in so she has her normal group around her but they can't step on her and she has her own food and water. She is eating and drinking fine.

I searched on the list here but I didn't find anything that quite matches this except perhaps cocci. No one else has symptoms and she is alert and cocci doesn't affect the legs does it?

Any advice? She is such a sweet little thing I really don't want to lose her.

Thank you!

-Kitty

Little Rooster Croft

If she has an intestinal issue, I would think she wouldn't want to walk as much. Have you checked her droppings? Now that you have her in a crate, you can see if there's any blood, or anything strange going on.

Back
Top Bottom