Polish Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi!

This is my little WCB chick named Totoro. (S)he's between 6-7 weeks, and I know it's too early to really tell, but am I correct in thinking that her crest is at least suggestive that she could be a little pullet? I raised a little Polish cockerel last year and her crest is looking very very different than his. He also had reddening wattles at this stage, and the flat area where hers will be is completely skin colored. Anyway, I was just looking for the opinion of some people with my experience than me. Thanks for looking :)

Hi! This is my little WCB chick named Totoro. (S)he's between 6-7 weeks, and I know it's too early to really tell, but am I correct in thinking that her crest is at least suggestive that she could be a little pullet? I raised a little Polish cockerel last year and her crest is looking very very different than his. He also had reddening wattles at this stage, and the flat area where hers will be is completely skin colored. Anyway, I was just looking for the opinion of some people with my experience than me. Thanks for looking :)
If it were mine, I'd be calling it a she ;)

Announcing the center of my chicken world ;) ...

Chick #2 had a rough start, but SHE is slowly coming around..her hatch mate is strong and already pushing around the Silkies 2-3x HIS age..

Last edited:
These are some pictures taken today of my splash Polish roo Donovan, the one I said is trying to decide if he will be handsome, and I think he is coming around. Sorry for cage pictures, but I was down shooting some other pics and just decided to take some of him. He is in with a mixed flock of pullets and he really knows he's a rooster, very protective of them.

The picture with the Brahma pullet is my favorite.

Celtlore/Sandra

CrzyChknLady81

I am putting my eggs in the incubator some time tonight. I have 15 Polish (buff laced, maybe a gold laced), 12 calico bantams, and 1 partridge Silkie egg. Yesterday, my new incubator, was broke upon arrival, so I had to just go to Tractor Supply today and got a Farm Innovators 4200, and so far, its running quite well. Letting it run and try to calibrate before putting in eggs. I am so excited and so anxious, but I am going to try to guit over-thinking this and just learn and enjoy, and hopefully have some chicks in 21 days. Seems every question I look up has so many different opinions I decided to just sort them out and go with my instincts and try to grow and learn with this incubating chicks journey.

On another subject, the Silkie egg I am putting in incubator is my first one laid here. You would have thought we had a new family member born (lol).

Sandra

First the WCB polish looks like a girl.

Second those chicks r super cute. What color r they??

And third the splash roo is very pretty and the Brahma is to!

Back
Top Bottom