Polish Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a barred rock that I know is a boy. He has waddles already growin and a nice sized bright red comb at only 5 weeks. He is for sure a guy, but I have been calling him a girl. He was a tsc bird from the pullet bin. I am willing him to have a sex change lol

I can't tell you how many older farmers around here are convinced a chicken can change genders..Ive heard so many stories of a hen starting to crow (I have legitimately heard this too) and about roos starting to lay...I swear that's how the old timers around here talk people into taking extras roos..lol..I think they're just cases of mistaken identity. .
but if I had some crowers start laying, I wouldn't be too offended. ;)

I can't tell you how many older farmers around here are convinced a chicken can change genders..Ive heard so many stories of a hen starting to crow (I have legitimately heard this too) and about roos starting to lay...I swear that's how the old timers around here talk people into taking extras roos..lol..I think they're just cases of mistaken identity. .
but if I had some crowers start laying, I wouldn't be too offended.
wink.png
Maybe he will come around and change his genes, lol. With enough persuading he may just change
wink.png

Maybe he will come around and change his genes, lol. With enough persuading he may just change ;)  

I live in the boonies so am lucky enough to not have rooster bans or anything..but my bf tends to get irritated if we have 20 roos crowing around the clock..I'm just gonna tell him from now on that they're confused..they're really hens that crow..maybe I can convince him it's a new breed..

Thankfully we don't have a rooster ban here, I live in a small town. We're allowed to have chickens, just as long as people don't start complaining about the smell. And we can have a rooster, with the same rules apply. We have 7 roosters right here on our block, everyone loves hearing them.

Thankfully we don't have a rooster ban here, I live in a small town. We're allowed to have chickens, just as long as people don't start complaining about the smell. And we can have a rooster, with the same rules apply. We have 7 roosters right here on our block, everyone loves hearing them.

I'm the same way..I love it come mid summer when all my juvies are learning to crow and it's a big competition around the clock...♡♡

I live in a small town as well but sadly there is a sound ordinance, where sound can't travel off your property. The thing is though, is that basically all lawn mowers do the same thing and sound goes outside people's yard but no one complains. A lawn mower, barking dogs (depending on how loud the dog's bark is), and a rooster's crow are all around 90dB of sound.

Last edited:
I love my polish, her name his Trump due to her chick days. (she had a serious comb over, like Donald Trump) She is very sweet and she lays a pretty white egg. It is large compared to her body, but I guess she is rather small.

Lol..sound like me with the Tolbunts..I call the little one a girl and big one a boy..just in the hopes that they pick up on it and realize I'm right even if nature is wrong..lol

The little one just made me pee my pants a lil.. I walked over to the brooder to give them a spoon full of cantaloupe and the little one was laying half in and half out under the heating pad hen..on her side all stretched out like it had just fell over dead..one of my Silkies walked right over it and it didn't move..so I freak, reach in to grab it, thinking 'I'm gonna put this thing on life support'.. I grab her, she jumped up, scared the pee outta me and looked at me like 'how dare you wake me up!!?'

Of course I checked her over just to make sure, she was irritated and just wanted loose..it was quite the commotion

LOL! I spend way too much time proving that the roadkill babies are sleeping, not dead. Customers freak at all the dead baby chicks.
tongue.png

What a doll she is. I just love the hairdo!

I ordered a surprise package from cackle hatchery, in it it received 5 polish. All of the had crests that were about the same size until they were a few months old. It is hard to tell with polish because they have small combs. One of the polish chicks was a blue and looked much like the one in your picture, and turned out to be a Cockrell.

Back
Top Bottom