Polish Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
my little polish seems like she can't see anything. She is so much smaller than my other chickens because I think she can't see her food! I tried using this soft tape and seems to be making a world of difference. Does anyone have any other suggestions without cutting all her hair off?

Now that made me laugh out loud!

I have trimmed polish and even Faverolles before. I figure that their ability to see is more important than preserving the cutest we might enjoy with the furry face or fluffy mop tops.

my little polish seems like she can't see anything. She is so much smaller than my other chickens because I think she can't see her food! I tried using this soft tape and seems to be making a world of difference. Does anyone have any other suggestions without cutting all her hair off?

That looks nifty. I saw someone on an earlier post use knee-high nylons cut in a strip to tie their Polish's crest feathers. My Silkies started out with enormous crests as pullets but after a few months romping and foraging outdoors the crest feathers thin or wear down.

As pullets the crests are full and fluffy

After a few months of foraging outdoors the crests get full of cobwebs and debris and wear down

Hello fellow polish owners...Yorkshire...I am waiting on 3 to hatch any day now and I will tell you if one is GL or not. I sold one and I am watching one to see what happens... however...my boy is acting up again and not doing his job. :/ he is really making me mad. I have an order to fill for a customer who wants 12!!! And I can't even do that when I set 18 and aLL but 4 are clear!!! :grrr. He is making me angry.

I think it's the later. The girls are squatting for him so he is having to force himself....which in turn they fight him. :/ u don't know what else he could do to make it better for him. Lol!! I watched him attempt 4 times yesterday with a hen that was trying to get away the entire time.

Back
Top Bottom