Polish Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My new polish mixed girls I picked up today. Lol. They are 4 months old and I really hope they grow into Their looks. Lol (I should edit this post to add that only ONE is a polish mix, the other is a mystery hen. Lol

What pretty little birds. That white one might be an Austra White...where did you get them? Beautiful young ladies, for sure!

Meanwhile, my little Afrodite is just the spunkiest little thing! We added an Americana chick to the mix and Afro instantly took to her, like love at first sight. She chases the Americana everywhere and grooms her down and cuddles with her. I even caught Afro kicking another chick off the roost so that there would be room for her little Americana buddy. The Americana is named Cinders. Afro and Cinders, peepy little buddies. It is sure to be a life-long friendship.

~chickenchick

What pretty little birds. That white one might be an Austra White...where did you get them? Beautiful
young ladies, for sure!

Meanwhile, my little Afrodite is just the spunkiest little thing! We added an Americana chick to the mix and Afro instantly took to her, like love at first sight. She chases the Americana everywhere and grooms her down and cuddles with her. I even caught Afro kicking another chick off the roost so that there would be room for her little Americana buddy. The Americana is named Cinders. Afro and Cinders, peepy little buddies. It is sure to be a life-long friendship. 

~chickenchick

We got them today from a guy a few towns north of us with about 50 (o_o) assorted chickens running around. I had picked out the polish girl from a photo he sent me and the white girl came along for the ride since she was the first cream colored one I could catch. Lol. She was royally ****** about the hands AND the truck ride. :b they are 4 months old. :)

I must add that when we got home, I discovered a hen missing from the run, I found her happily dust bathing in the manure pile. Lol. Stinker...

Last edited:

These chicks came from an "assorted polish" bin at the local feed store. Anybody know what colors they will turn out to be?

It's hard to say. The yellow tops should be a white crest of some sort.
Here is my SLP baby.

Hi everyone,
just wondering what humidity you find best to run the incubator at for the polish, im ready to start hatching later this week. any replys will be great
cheers Tom

Back
Top Bottom