Polish Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone,
just wondering what humidity you find best to run the incubator at for the polish, im ready to start hatching later this week. any replys will be great
cheers Tom

For me I have 45% day 1-18. It suits my incubator and my environment. I check air cells day 7 and 14 and if I need to adjust it I do.

This cutie doesn't want to play on her fieldtrip outside with the other chicks, she wants cuddles. It's the same every time

Does anyone have a picture of what a split crest looks like? I think two of my white crested chocolate girls have a split crest but I want to make sure before I remove them from the flock.

I am curious. I have ordered white crested black polish and silver laced polish. 3 WC black Polish are sooooo mischievous, though gentle. They like to run away and they run so fast. But my Silver laced polish are soooooo calm and composed. They both love human touch, they are so docile and calm, they behave like a dog sometimes, even the cockerel! Since I ended with 2 cockerels (one WC, one SL), I think I am going to keep SL and rehome the WC.
QUESTION is: are they really different in their temperament because of the breed? Or am I just lucked out????

Yes my WC were crazy. The hen was some what sweet but def didn't want human friends. My Roo was plum mean. I loved the war he looked so I couldn't get rid of him. But I couldn't go into the pen at all without throwing a neat over him to keep him from jumping on me. It was crazy.

Hi all, I'm wanting to add some bantam polish (gold laced or pure black) pullets to my flock. I've currently got two hybrids and two partridge Wyandottes hens. Would I be able to keep them together?

Here's mine. Came as my bonus chick from Mcmurry. Anyway to tell yet roo or hen? 3.5 weeks. It's my daughters favorite and if it's a roo she's going to be disappointed in a few weeks as the rest of my flock are heavy layers and I wouldn't have a use for him.

Can someone tell me- is this a polish? I have had people tell me polish and some say maybe silkie. S/he does have feathered feet. I don't know if that makes a difference or not. I'd sure love to know :) s/he came from the bantam assortment bin at Orscheln's. Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom