Polish Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hen????
2 roo??
3 ??
4 ??
Help me sex em please.

We have a big cochin roo in our pen, and our SLPs are in a cage on the deck. Tuesday morning the SLPs heard the cochin roo crowing and 2 of them tried to answer back. They sounded like a squeaky toy full of water! They were 6 weeks old on Saturday (May 28). Thanks to the tips and hints from these forums, I am pretty sure we have 3 roos and 2 hens. The biggest help was the tip about round head feathers on the hens and spiky feathers on the roos. Also, our roos are getting some sickle feathers in their tails, and they are chest bumping each other! Of course the crowing is a huge tell, but mostly it just confirmed our suspicions. Also, tried to use the pictures from the Polish breeders club for "guessing" from head puffs on day olds when I got them. Of the 5, I was pretty sure of 2 and was correct on those (1 each sex). I think if we had all one or all the other it would have been harder. I mostly wanted two SLP hens, and I have them. Thanks for your help!

Hey everyone!

I hv two tolbunt polish chicks of over 9 week age. However they are still too Black with no tolbunt patterns at all. This is my very first experience of breeding tolbunt polish.

Can you all plz suggest if these colors are natural to tolbunt polish chicks and are they likely to have their original patterns as they mature?

I am enclosing their pictures and a pic of their parents

Hey everyone!

I hv two tolbunt polish chicks of over 9 week age. However they are still too Black with no tolbunt patterns at all. This is my very first experience of breeding tolbunt polish.

Can you all plz suggest if these colors are natural to tolbunt polish chicks and are they likely to have their original patterns as they mature?

I am enclosing their pictures and a pic of their parents

I'm afraid only 1 pic is showing up :( Could you post the other one again?

:/

I have had this same thing happen but I'm afraid not with my own eggs so I'm not sure on parent birds. Im new to the Tolbunt colour too and I bought 16 eggs. 12 hatched but only 4 were Tolbunt colour the rest were black and gold lace. Now I'm not sure if the breeder had me over or if the Tolbunt colour breeds the blacks and gold lace too. Possibly as Tolbunt is a mixture of the colours.

I'm afraid looking at your chicks they are not going to be Tolbunt. I've found they hatch this colour of going to be Tolbunt (The one sat in the dish) ~

Here they are at about 4 weeks ~

And about 8 weeks ~

As you can see below I have some black and gold lace in there that came from the same eggs ~

Back
Top Bottom