Polish Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our 5 week old white crested black polish. Daughter named Peeps but Kramer is name on back burner if she is a cockerel.
8FA8D25A-3FF1-4CED-81F6-2DBFAA9A5014.jpeg

Attachments

• 92FC19A7-8D68-4245-822F-4E34A59B7ECC.jpeg
    92FC19A7-8D68-4245-822F-4E34A59B7ECC.jpeg
    623 KB · Views: 7
Somehow I stumbled onto this thread not realizing it was 2010 at the start. Duh!! At that time some were advocating breeding a polish frizzle to another frizzle.. I know from years of being on BYC that frizzle to frizzle should never be done. To do so produces "frazzles," birds with very brittle and broken feathers.

Too bad I couldn't have gone back to 2010 from today, and have been a messenger from the future., to warn them. :)

Hello Polish Owners!
Does this chick look like a golden laced Polish to you? Ordered one whitenlayer suprise this year. She has a Crest-blob already, 5 days old. Ignore the orange part, the blue circled top pic is a hatchery pic of GL Polish chicks, bottom blue circled is my mystery bird. Ya think maybe? That would be very cool.
I'm Polish :D. Haha.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200417-224614_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20200417-224614_Facebook.jpg
    411.9 KB · Views: 7
Hello Polish Owners!
Does this chick look like a golden laced Polish to you? Ordered one whitenlayer suprise this year. She has a Crest-blob already, 5 days old. Ignore the orange part, the blue circled top pic is a hatchery pic of GL Polish chicks, bottom blue circled is my mystery bird. Ya think maybe? That would be very cool.
I'm Polish :D. Haha.

Awww! So-o-o CUTE! Why are baby chickies so darn CUTE?!

A flock of 4 Polish and 3 silkies sounds nice. What colors are they? I would think Polish would do well with calm breeds like silkies, cochins, perhaps also Orpingtons or Sussex, which might be less likely to pull the crest feathers.

I know, right? I have to stay out if feed stores this time of
yearor we would be in biiiiiig trouble. Haha.
I was so tempted last year when our feed store had golden laced and white crested black Polish pullet chicks! But I refrained because I didn't really have a place to put them, at least not without doing something makeshift.

Back
Top Bottom