Political Ramblings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been to church in sixty years, but it really burns me when I see liberal democrats mocking religious belief. They always seem to pick on Christians; they don't have the guts to mock Muslims.

Why is it assumed by some people that Christians do not believe in the theory of evolution? I am an Anglican and believe in Darwin's theory.
Evolution is taught in schools here and frankly I feel it would be disgraceful to teach anything else. Why do people see any conflict in the theory of evolution and religious beliefs. It seems to me that some 'so called' Christians are anything but! Many choose to believe only the Old Testament, using this as a convenient excuse to commit acts of violence, after all it does say, 'An eye for an eye and a tooth for a teeth.' For every supporting quote from the Old Testament I see here, to excuse and explain hatred, violence and revenge, I remember quotes from the teachings of Jesus that are directly opposite. To my knowledge there is no religion on this earth that teaches hatred of those who follow a different path. The way people interpret beliefs is at the root of the problem, and am cynical enough to think that many deliberately misinterpret. For example does it not say in the Bible, 'There are those of my sheep who are not of this flock.' Does that not mean that there are those who are different but equally precious and loved by God? Christianity is about inclusiveness, respect and love. It would be good if some 'Christians' remembered that.

Newfoundland, I agree with you on some of your points. (And this is so religious, not political ramblings.) In a nut shell, Jesus said the only unforgivable sin is to not accept Him into your heart, to cleanse you of sin. Before Jesus paved the way, works and good deeds were the only hope for getting into heaven. That's where all the Old Testament laws came from. But after Jesus sacrificed Himself for our sins, those laws were no longer needed.

As for your belief in Darwinism, well even Darwin denounced his beliefs on his death bed and became a Christian. God created the heavens and the earth and all things between. He created man, and from man's side, He created woman. He did not create a primordial ooz that man eventually crawled out of.

And finally, you must not have studied many religions, because in the koran (qur'an) it teaches that all "infidels" should be killed. "Wage war and bring death on the infidels who dwell around you." Infidel is literally translated and unbelievers in the "One True God" or as they say, Allah. Since Jewish and Christian people are considered to believe in God, but not worship properly, they aren't to be killed by traditional teachings (though it does teach not to associate or do business with them), however islamic extremists (ie Bin Ladin) teach that any non-islamics should be killed. Under literal/traditional islamic teachings, all atheist and agnostics should be killed.

I do take your point rebelcowboysnb, it is very hard though to read some of the bigoted statements without comment. Less conflict more cohesion I say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom