Poly-Vi-Sol Vitamins Is this what I use

@Shezadandy-Agreed...@3riverschick if it weren't for the Poly-Vi-sol our girl would not be alive (the healthy girl she is) today. She however, was not a baby chick when we gave it to her. She was a 5-6 month old pullet that was seemed to,be very close to taking her last breath. My husband made a run to the nearest Walgreens to get the PVS. It without a doubt was an absolute life saver. We most definitely would recommend it to someone with a teen chick in the same position as we--our girl was in.

@Shezadandy-Agreed...@3riverschick if it weren't for the Poly-Vi-sol our girl would not be alive (the healthy girl she is) today. She however, was not a baby chick when we gave it to her. She was a 5-6 month old pullet that was seemed to,be very close to taking her last breath. My husband made a run to the nearest Walgreens to get the PVS. It without a doubt was an absolute life saver. We most definitely would recommend it to someone with a teen chick in the same position as we--our girl was in.
Hi,
I never said it was the wrong thing to give. I said it is not the best thing to give. Poultry Nutri-Drench is specially formulated for poultry. Poly-Vi-Sol is formulated for humans. That is my point. If possible, give the chicks the best formulation. Wish folk would stop recommending 2nd best and tout the very best. Poultry Drench is cheaper and better. About 6.99 at Tractor Supply.
Best,
Karen

Last edited:
We are getting nutri drench for our 11 month old duck. She needs a boost still has phoroshus too low. My husband is going to our feed store in Weston Fl where we get our feed for our chickens and ducks. She will also start starter feed vet recommended waterfowl but she won't touch it no matter what I do and she needs to eat. How much of the nutri drench should I give her orally. She is 5 .6 pounds.

We are getting nutri drench for our 11 month old duck. She needs a boost still has phoroshus too low. My husband is going to our feed store in Weston Fl where we get our feed for our chickens and ducks. She will also start starter feed vet recommended waterfowl but she won't touch it no matter what I do and she needs to eat. How much of the nutri drench should I give her orally. She is 5 .6 pounds.
Check at the website http://www.nutridrench.com or call them. They are so very helpful. I don't know ducks so can't comment.
Best Success,
Karen

Hi,

​I never said it was the wrong thing to give. I said it is not the best thing to give. Poultry Nutri-Drench is specially formulated for poultry. Poly-Vi-Sol is formulated for humans. That is my point. If possible, give the chicks the best formulation. Wish folk would stop recommending 2nd best and tout the very best. Poultry Drench  is cheaper and better. About 6.99 at Tractor Supply.
Best,
 Karen

I understood your comment stating that the Drench is formulated for poultry...that it is better and cheaper. I was just expressing our experience w\the Poly Vi sol, it being a life saver for our pullet. My husband and I would personally recommend it if someone didn't already have the Drench--couldn't get their hands on the poultry based Drench. Poly Vi Sol was a non-harmful life saver, available at Walgreens at 9pm.

Last edited:
Polyvisol (no iron) infant drops is available at Walmart, and many other pharmacies. Not everyone has a nearby feed store etc. Many folks raise what chickens they can in cities and suburbs. My friend saved a very, very ill silkie roo using the Polyvisol drops. The feed store that had chicken products closed ,I would imagine from lack of customers. It is very much residential area with just some folks and stealth or house chickens.

Polivisol without iron is fine to give them all one dropper in their water is what I have used and will not hurt them. For leg problems add niacin to their diet or brewer yeast the one that they have at feed stores for poultry is best. We got a new duckling after Pio passed away. Her or his name is Cookie and Pollito is happy to have a pal. I have been away from this forum due to actually mourning Pio loss but I will post pictures for you all soon. Good luck with the leg issue adding any of these two to their diet will turn things around. Irene

This is what I give any of my birds who get sick or look sluggish and need vitamins. I just use a dropper and drop a few drops in their mouth 3 times a day. I want the vitamins to get into their body ASAP (without it being diluted by the water), so I don't like putting in in their water. I'm in my opinion, the liquid vitamins are diluted with water and the strength of the liquid is weakened. With water, they will drink when they are thirsty, so the vitamins just linger in the water. I had a LARGE tom turkey that had a severe respiratory problems with a twisted neck that faced backward and he was not eating or drinking. I really believe that these vitamins helped saved his life.

6612_vitamins.jpg
I know this post is old, but can you tell me a little about what it did for your turkey? I have a young hen that survived a fox attack (just barely) and now it is like her head/neck is on sideways. She is so pitiful, I just wish I could do something more for her.

Back
Top Bottom