Poop board convert *warning-graphic/gross poop pictures*

Pics
When I add new chickens, I always go out at dark and check where everyone is. If I find one not on the poop board roost....I take it from where it isn't suppose to be and put it where I want it. After a couple times of moving them.....they are where they belong!

That's the way to do it! In the afternoon sun, all of mine usually come back in the coop and prefer to lay in the pine bedding on the floor - I presume to stay cool. But at night, they're all on the roosts now!

When I add new chickens, I always go out at dark and check where everyone is. If I find one not on the poop board roost....I take it from where it isn't suppose to be and put it where I want it. After a couple times of moving them.....they are where they belong!

That is EXACTLY what I did too! Works like a charm after a week or so. :)

I put my 4 comets out in their new coop on sunday night and put them on the roost. I did this tue, wed, thurs. on friday I went into the coop at dusk and whoopie, they were all on the roost!

I had no idea this would be such a science to the design. Looks pretty cool. Anyone have any thoughts to a no floor method where the chickens do the composting with the droppings and leaf material?

I had no idea this would be such a science to the design. Looks pretty cool. Anyone have any thoughts to a no floor method where the chickens do the composting with the droppings and leaf material?

My best guess is that if you're using their droppings as compost material where their coop/tractor sits, then it's just extra work for you to put in a poop board to have to keep clean.

Good to know. I had read also that the chickens would scratch and claw at the mixture of leaves etc to create the compost and then after a period of time that would go on to a garden
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom