Poop Hammock Rocks!!

D.gif
171027d1304392181-bin-laden-dead-thread-useless-without-pictures.gif
D.gif

Ok, maybe not worthless, but it would be really cool to see pictures of both the poop hammock and the poop slide!!
So, I just completed my poop hammocksI got the idea from this site. I used lumber found in the dumpster and feed sacks for the hammock. I love BYC!! Don't know what I'd do without it.

So It looks like plastic is ok too? I was going to make a roosting box like with bars and boxes for poop under but this seems much easier. However if you you canvas, wont the poop be leaving marks when it slides or does it all slide and harden. Anyone have pictures of how it looks after using it a while?

Sprinkle some DE in there and it will harden the poop and kill the smell if you don't clean it out everyday. I have a poop board under mine and keep it sprinkled with DE and the poop dries up and scoops up real easy!

I love the idea of using the feed sacks. It's a renewable resource, they'd otherwise go into the trash, and it makes the poop hammock disposable, so I don't have to bother cleaning it!

I love the idea of using the feed sacks. It's a renewable resource, they'd otherwise go into the trash, and it makes the poop hammock disposable, so I don't have to bother cleaning it!
I cut the cuter ones up and make bags with handles for carrying groceries, hay, straw, books, etc. etc. If you sew, no need to throw them in the trash!

So, I just completed my poop hammocksI got the idea from this site. I used lumber found in the dumpster and feed sacks for the hammock. I love BYC!! Don't know what I'd do without it.

Thank you!!! I was just thinking about pricing some canvas fabric and feeling a little scared lol This idea will save me so much money!

Last edited:
Thank you!!! I was just thinking about pricing some canvas fabric and feeling a little scared lol This idea will save me so much money!
Yep, and the sacks are soooo easily wiped clean or just replaced. I made the mistake of putting lots and lots of staples when I attached the sacks to the wood. That wasn't necessary and will make it harder to replace them. Live and learn. Another thing I found out is that if your roost space is narrow, like mine, their little behinds are really close to the wall, and the poop gets caught between the wall and sack. I just cut a long piece of sack and taped it above with a flap hanging over into the hammock, like a long slide. Works perfectly.

Would it be easier to sew large "hems" in each side and slide the board through? You could have a couple made up and just swap them out. Metal bar instead of wood would be cleaner and they would not want to roost on them, if that's a worry. Sorry, just my brain running off at my mouth.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom