Pooping Egg Yolk

My duck was at the vet this week too. But, my vet showed me how to give the liquid medicine. Gently open his bill enough to get the tip of the syringe in. Then squirt the medicine next to the tongue, about 2/3 of the way up the bill. They will swallow it. Do not try to squirt it down their throat as you risk getting it in the lungs. I will try to get a picture when I give mine his medicine in a little while.

My duck was at the vet this week too. But, my vet showed me how to give the liquid medicine. Gently open his bill enough to get the tip of the syringe in. Then squirt the medicine next to the tongue, about 2/3 of the way up the bill. They will swallow it. Do not try to squirt it down their throat as you risk getting it in the lungs. I will try to get a picture when I give mine his medicine in a little while.
Its easiest if you hold the bill with your left hand and jam your thumb in so that the duck cannot close its bill. The trick is to put it right in the corner of the tongue and the back of the bill.

I have a small pekin drake currently on oral medication: he is easy to dose. When I had a muscovy drake on medication, it was a big fight, even with him wrapped in a towel. His bill on my thumb was like a nutcracker! It was three weeks before he forgave me, but he recovered so it was worth it!!!

That depends on how she is acting? did the vet think she got all of the egg out? If you think more is inside and she is still acting off then I wouldn't put her back with the others where she would be trying to keep up and possibly weaken herself. I rec you get some Calcium Gluconate it comes in liquid and it really helps them to have contractions so the egg will move on down. It may help her get any residue that maybe left inside. we use 1ml orally.

That depends on how she is acting? did the vet think she got all of the egg out? If you think more is inside and she is still acting off then I wouldn't put her back with the others where she would be trying to keep up and possibly weaken herself. I rec you get some Calcium Gluconate it comes in liquid and it really helps them to have contractions so the egg will move on down. It may help her get any residue that maybe left inside. we use 1ml orally.
I've never heard of that. I will get some. Thank you so much!

Back
Top Bottom