Porcelain Color

Thanks Suze! I have a small hen that was given to me; know nothing about her, she has a modified pea comb. when she first came here she looked white, except for one or two dark grey feathers in her tail. Since molting her whole chest is a pretty gold and her body is turning lavender....

Thanks Suze! I have a small hen that was given to me; know nothing about her, she has a modified pea comb. when she first came here she looked white, except for one or two dark grey feathers in her tail. Since molting her whole chest is a pretty gold and her body is turning lavender....
photo?
she sounds pretty :)

OK, this is the little hen that was given to me last summer; she was nearly pure white until she molted.

You can see how her chest is sort of gold/red. I didn't get a good shot of her from the front tho, sorry. But I"m thinking this soft grey color is what you call lavender, right? or self blue in some breeds?

Nope. She is one of two possible things.
Looks like a duck wing base
And is either a splash ( blue) version or is dominate white ( Pyle) with just 1 copy of the dominate white gene.

I betting the latter.
Dominate white will.cover the black areas. But a bird with just 1 copy will be Smokey with tiny black speckles in then areas that were originally black.

Blue splash has a very similar look and.some times a breeding test has to be done if you are unsure.

But for me, I'm betting on Pyle.

The lavender gene changes black.to a sky blue and will dilute golds and reds to a cream toned color as seen in the porcelains .

Back
Top Bottom