Porcelain Project

I thought it might be a good idea for me to put a few collages of my breeders together showing chick down and first feathers compared to adult feathers.

Blue Cream (porcelain) is so difficult to produce, that is good to keep careful records.

Mr. Lav Boy was always my favorite. He is the daddy of the the first F2 and I think he is doing a great job.

This is Mr. Crabs. He is the chick with crab claws on his right foot. I hold him in reserve for pen B.

This is #13 my favorite hen. She is dun/chocolate, cream. Very pretty.

This is #73. She is the mother of the first hatch for F2.

The F2 chicks from Mr. Lav Boy are lovely. He shows a consistency. No wild card genetics showing up so far. Some chicks darker and some lighter but all look good for first hatch. This collection of pic's shows eight of the nine chicks hatched so far.

The goal is to get them lighter still. The difficulty will be getting that 80% lavender and consistent 20% buff.

Last edited:
Such a warm sunny Spring day.

The trio gets some outside time. Mr. Lav Boy is on guard duty.

He is only 11 months old but quite the dude. Little #13 is busy looking for bugs.

My only surviving Lav pullet is very shy but she eventually left the barn for the sunshine.

I need to get my shades on, the sun is so bright!
cool.png

Last edited:
Sunny weather and warm temps so I built a chick pen outside the chick house and tossed the babies outside for the day. They have already been introduced to grass clods to get them eating dirt, grit, grass, bugs, and natural bacteria. Putting them on clean ground in the healthy sunshine is the next step. They are thriving.

I

I forked up some ground so they could dust bathe and better access grit.

Three weeks old. I'm guessing male.

Last edited:
This morning did a side by side table top of my two Blue Cream cocks. Lav Boy on the right. Mr. Crab claw on the left. I prefer breeding Lav boy because crab claws is hard to get rid of once it gets established in my closed flock. I prefer the crest and tail on Lav Boy too. Their type could both be better but it is what it is.

I have trimmed bum feathers for breeding and they have been in outside pens so they are quite rough right now.

Lav Boy on the right. Mr. Crab Toes on the left.

I can now honestly say that there is a glut of beautiful Blue Cream chicks hatched out from my trios and one clutch left due in a couple days. I haven't lost one yet!

Yesterday's hatch is nine. That makes about twenty so far. More than enough to grow out and choose breeders for the future generations.

Some of these chicks are very dusky.

I can now honestly say that there is a glut of beautiful Blue Cream chicks hatched out from my trios and one clutch left due in a couple days. I haven't lost one yet!

Yesterday's hatch is nine. That makes about twenty so far. More than enough to grow out and choose breeders for the future generations.

Some of these chicks are very dusky.

Love them!

I have a hatch due Thursday out of my self blue cream pair and self blue cream rooster x lavender hen.

This is a 4 month old pullet from my pair that I am keeping.

Back
Top Bottom