Porcelain Silkie Thread

Pics
I will start with my project so far....this is how it started:

Gen 1- Buff Silkie X Lav Silkie = Buffs split to Lav
Gen 2-Buff Splits X Lavenders
Gen 3-This is where I am now. Ones that show too much buff are in with lavs again, ones that have a nicer even color are in with other porcelains.

Here are some pictures of my project porcelains...
57966_pihenhead.jpg

57966_029.jpg

57966_005.jpg

57966_broodies.jpg

57966_dsc03723.jpg

57966_pichicks.jpg

I will start with my project so far....this is how it started:

Gen 1- Buff Silkie X Lav Silkie = Buffs split to Lav
Gen 2-Buff Splits X Lavenders
Gen 3-This is where I am now. Ones that show too much buff are in with lavs again, ones that have a nicer even color are in with other porcelains.

Here are some pictures of my project porcelains...
57966_pihenhead.jpg

57966_029.jpg

57966_005.jpg

57966_broodies.jpg

57966_dsc03723.jpg

57966_pichicks.jpg

Oh! Oh! This is exactly what I tried to do with Cochins (bantam) but it didn't work (or I gave up too soon). Watching this thread for the eye candy. :)

He IS lovely! (I recognize that comb ....
wink.png
) (My boy is MUCH more red/buff than your lovely fellow, however, I have 3 chicks growing out. One of them may be male and if so, he will definitely have less colour.)
Thanks! He is quite a bit darker now. I eventually plan to breed him to my self-blue and see what I get. I used him to make some pretty, light blue partridge chicks for fun. :D

I just got my first silkie chicks last week this one was sold to me as a partridge though I suspect maybe she is porcelain. Can anyone help identify her color?

Last edited:
I finally gave in and bought some silkies and they are some really nice Porcelains I am really excited to be working with these guys will get some pictures soon of my new birds
smile.png

My boy is too dark but he is still some nice eye candy.
big_smile.png
Credit to Catdance!

I'm late to this party but WoW!! Better late than never! He is very beautiful!
Two of my Catdance chicks that hatched a couple days ago are Porcelain from two differnet pens. I would be thrilled if one is a male and turned out half as gorgeous as your roo!

Food coloring on the feet helps me remember who came from which pen. Both eggs marked. One Por and one Por 2. The egg marked Por 3 was infertile.

I'm late to this party but WoW!! Better late than never! He is very beautiful!
Two of my Catdance chicks that hatched a couple days ago are Porcelain from two differnet pens. I would be thrilled if one is a male and turned out half as gorgeous as your roo!

Food coloring on the feet helps me remember who came from which pen. Both eggs marked. One Por and one Por 2. The egg marked Por 3 was infertile.

Thank you! He is one that catches the eye of all the visitors that come here. I'm sure you will get some beauties also!

Back
Top Bottom