Porcelain Silkie Thread

Pics
I think there are plenty still breeding and showing, but there has been a lot of controversy over what constitutes a porcelain and what does not, and what name to call them by. And that as a result of that controversy (both here on BYC and on other boards), a lot of folks have simply stopped discussing it. I know that I won't say nearly as much on this thread or several others as I used to--I get tired of being bashed by people who have had chickens half the time that I have.

The top photo and at least two of the three (maybe all three) in the second look to be porcelain.

I think there are plenty still breeding and showing, but there has been a lot of controversy over what constitutes a porcelain and what does not, and what name to call them by. And that as a result of that controversy (both here on BYC and on other boards), a lot of folks have simply stopped discussing it. I know that I won't say nearly as much on this thread or several others as I used to--I get tired of being bashed by people who have had chickens half the time that I have.

The top photo and at least two of the three (maybe all three) in the second look to be porcelain.

Thank you for responding. You have a good eye. The third one is splash.
wink.png

http://indigoegg.us/2011CrossroadsInverness.html Got a picture of Cream Puff on this page :) http://indigoegg.us/February-March2011.html and a few others on this page.... Got a couple coops going... Porcelain was just a cool color that popped up every now and then from a Splash/Blue/SelfBlue coop I had... that may have had George descendants in it. LOVE them .. Then I kept a couple odd colored chicks from another coop and they ended up being kind of the same color... and I traded for a couple creamie ones from Aimee :) ... then a couple popped up from my Lavender to Lavender Split coops.. I'm no geneticist, but a pretty Silkie is a pretty Silkie no matter what color! I also have a couple SelfBlue/PartridgieBuff girls ... yeah... go ahead and laugh. :) I love them!!! I haven't been on BYC in ages... but this thread popped up in my email. I'm pondering Mille Fluer and red columbian and mottled buff at the moment :) way over my length of attention span, but I'd love to have Silkies in all those colors. I plan to get serious and read Sigrid's book, but a little girl I know has it doing a book report on Silkies... I can't wait to hear all about it!

http://indigoegg.us/2011CrossroadsInverness.html Got a picture of Cream Puff on this page :) http://indigoegg.us/February-March2011.html and a few others on this page.... Got a couple coops going... Porcelain was just a cool color that popped up every now and then from a Splash/Blue/SelfBlue coop I had... that may have had George descendants in it. LOVE them .. Then I kept a couple odd colored chicks from another coop and they ended up being kind of the same color... and I traded for a couple creamie ones from Aimee :) ... then a couple popped up from my Lavender to Lavender Split coops.. I'm no geneticist, but a pretty Silkie is a pretty Silkie no matter what color! I also have a couple SelfBlue/PartridgieBuff girls ... yeah... go ahead and laugh. :) I love them!!! I haven't been on BYC in ages... but this thread popped up in my email. I'm pondering Mille Fluer and red columbian and mottled buff at the moment :) way over my length of attention span, but I'd love to have Silkies in all those colors. I plan to get serious and read Sigrid's book, but a little girl I know has it doing a book report on Silkies... I can't wait to hear all about it!
Wow! You sound seriously over-whelmed!! I was on your site recently. You have a beautiful flock of silkies!

I am looking for Porcelain Silkie eggs to buy. I am most interested in what is considered show quality. I have a hen and I am looking for a roo to go with her. I would like to see pictures of your flock, and I am willing to show the lovely Miss Tolay aka Miss Tootoo. I think she is simply gorgeous.

This week old chick came from a pen with lavenders. Is it a porcelain/isabel? It looks quite a bit like my porcelain d'uccle chicks except with more buff/straw color on wings and front end.

Yes. The lavenders are completely self...at least they were when i picked this little one up. Person who had them didnt want this color and I do. :)

Back
Top Bottom