Possible punctured crop + possible broken leg (?)

That's alright. I haven't seen that stuff before, so that's why I asked. I would continue using that to clean her wounds as the directions say.

How has she been eating today and how is her leg?
She still hasn't been eating on her own, and she's still staying off of it, I was able to attempt to listen to it for any popping sounds and didn't hear anything.

She still hasn't been eating on her own, and she's still staying off of it, I was able to attempt to listen to it for any popping sounds and didn't hear anything.
Have you tried offering her some cooked egg? Some chickens love rice with cooked eggs mixed up. Also, have you offered her moist grain? How is she drinking?
Her leg sounds like it's just a sprain, thankfully. What are you keeping her in? I suggest having her on a stable surface with nothing she can jump up on.

Have you tried offering her some cooked egg? Some chickens love rice with cooked eggs mixed up. Also, have you offered her moist grain? How is she drinking?
Her leg sounds like it's just a sprain, thankfully. What are you keeping her in? I suggest having her on a stable surface with nothing she can jump up on.
No, but I can attempt to do so in the morning. She's drinking just fine and thoroughly throughout the day as well.
We've been keeping her in a dog cage overnight and I sit with her on a bench or on the floor during the day to make sure the other injured chicken we keep her with doesn't trample over her since she doesn't get up and move around

No, but I can attempt to do so in the morning. She's drinking just fine and thoroughly throughout the day as well.
We've been keeping her in a dog cage overnight and I sit with her on a bench or on the floor during the day to make sure the other injured chicken we keep her with doesn't trample over her since she doesn't get up and move around
Hopefully she'll eat it. Her drinking is good.
This sounds good. Is there a possibility the other hen could go elsewhere so she's not a risk? (The other chicken is probably good as company as long as she's not accidentally hurting your other girl.)

Hopefully she'll eat it. Her drinking is good.
This sounds good. Is there a possibility the other hen could go elsewhere so she's not a risk? (The other chicken is probably good as company as long as she's not accidentally hurting your other girl.)
We currently have them separated because getting her in and out of the cage seemed to be doing more damage than good, I have her on a towel bed in my bedroom floor to keep an eye on her and to lessen the risk of worse damage getting her in and out of the cage.
It's a small dog cage which is what made it difficult.

We currently have them separated because getting her in and out of the cage seemed to be doing more damage than good, I have her on a towel bed in my bedroom floor to keep an eye on her and to lessen the risk of worse damage getting her in and out of the cage.
It's a small dog cage which is what made it difficult.
How is she today? With the towel bed, is it firm (like flat on a hard floor so her footing is stable)?

I meant to update this morning, but my phone had been dead all day. Unfortunately my girl passed away in the middle of the night last night.
Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that! She was lucky to have her care for her like you did. I'm really sorry. :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that! She was lucky to have her care for her like you did. I'm really sorry. :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs
It's okay, and thank you. I greatly appreciate the help you gave me the past couple days. Most of what you told me regarding how to help, I hadn't known until you said it. So thank you.
I still have two other injured hens to look after so I can't put too much focus on her passing at this time.

It's okay, and thank you. I greatly appreciate the help you gave me the past couple days. Most of what you told me regarding how to help, I hadn't known until you said it. So thank you.
I still have two other injured hens to look after so I can't put too much focus on her passing at this time.
I'm happy to have been of help. With the other two, do you need any help with them?

Back
Top Bottom