Possible rooster?

MrsWagley

Chirping
5 Years
Jul 30, 2014
My little Goldie locks here has suddenly sprouted a nice little dark comb. 4-5 weeks old golden buff. Do I possibly have a rooster by mistake?

Mine all had combs at that age. All girls. May have to wait longer to tell. I dont have any knowledge on your breed but they all grow combs. I wouldnt worrry just yet. I'm sure someone on here has knowledge of what to look for in that breed. Good luck

welcome-byc.gif

I agree you have an Oops rooster. Pullets can have the same size-ish comb at this age, true, but not the bright red color. The color on the wattles seals the deal.

Thank you all. That's what I was worried about. I only have six all together so I'm worried it won't be enough of a ratio to keep him. Thanks for the help and feedback.

Quick question - when you say "golden buff" - did you get these from Meyer hatchery? I realized that I read that and just figured you meant buff orpington, etc -- but now I'm wondering if you actually ordered their Golden Buffs, which are sex links and that would factor into gender because your bird appears to be red/gold and that would be a head scrather with the comb thing because they are a red/gold sex link

Back
Top Bottom