Possums are Chicken Killers

Pics
When you gotta lay your egg, you gotta lay your egg.

I'd be shooting with another instrument, though.....

I set a live trap last night hoping to catch a racoon but I caught a possum and it had around 6 babys drinking her milk in the cage! Then I let her free but I didnt know possums had pouches like kageros to keep there babys in..

We had an opossum come in and attack our one rooster (Violet, we thought he was a hen when we got him, lol) and our hen, who lays beautiful blue eggs (really!) last night. We heard the ruckus, but by then both of our birds had "flown the coop" at 3 AM. We retrieved the hen by 3:30, but the rooster didn't wander home, nor crow at dawn, (we were so fearful that he was dead as a doornail), but found him wandering nearby, lost and scared. Long story short, we're killing that possum!

buttercup52, I think you should try to tighten up your coop. If a 'possum can get in, you can bet raccoon, weasel and other chicken predators can too. It's easier to make the coop a fort than to eradicate every threat.

We only have the two, and we're in possum country, so heck with the babies (if there even are any), because there are plenty more where they came from, and I'm and vegetarian! I love animals, but NOT POSSUMS right now, DANG IT! We are old, cannot stay up all night looking after these two that we love and nurtured since babyhood (peephood, whatever..!), NO! The dadburn possum MUST GO. Oh, we don't have a gun...LOL...hmmmmm..only a broom. hahahahahaha.

Back
Top Bottom