Post Office Babies

plester01

Songster
12 Years
Jul 23, 2007
Foreman,AR
I went to the post office today and I could hear lots of baby chicks. The postmaster said that they came in early this morning and the owners were called and wont come get them till late this afternoon. Do they not know that the chicks have been in that box for at least a few days and are hungry and thirsty. If I would have ordered them I would have been down there first thing this morning to pick them up. I hope they will still be chirping when they finnaly open the box.

I would have made arrangements to take the day off if i knew chicks were coming. I got a call this morning at 6:40 am that mine had arrived, I was half dressed and one foot out the door before i even hung up the phone, even then i had 2 DOA's. Shipping is sooo hard on the poor things but i do understand some can't get away from work early to pick them up. I hope all the peepers make it to their new destination alive.

I too would have made arrangements. But with this economy, there are plenty of people who don't get paid if they aren't there. I know I am more aware of time I take off now... I have never ordred chicks to be shipped. I get mine from the feed store down the street.

The only feed store that has live chicks is quite far away from me and i was so disgusted with thier living conditions that i reported them! Dead babies half eaten, no food or water and crammed in the horse trofts sooo bad that they could barely turn around, not to mention toxic fertalizers stored on shelves less than 2 ft away.

Quote:
Oh that is horrible!!!!! The feed store near us even has pens in the back for roos that don't have homes. They guarantee 90% hens with their chicks and will take back any unwanted roos and re-home them.

I am so glad I have a good feed store near me. I ordered my chicks through the feed store so I would get a discount on shipping, plus there is someone there when they arrive and they are taken out of the shipping box and given food and water immediately.

I also have never ordered chicks through the mail I either get them from the feed store or raise them myself. But if I were to order them through the mail, I would make sure in advance that either I was able to pick them up first thing or get someone else to pick them up for me if I was unable to myself. I just felt sorry for the little guys back there peeping in a box.

Back
Top Bottom