Post Phoenix Pics Please

Pics
Just thought I'd post some pics of my 2 bantam Phoenix babies from BBB, they are about 4 1/2 weeks old now. Compared to their non-phoenix broodmates of the same age their wings and tails are WAY longer already!! The chick that was sooty black color has lightened up quite a bit and looks like it might end up being silver? Anyone want to hazard a guess on sex?
Here's the darker chick:
DSCN0902.jpg

DSCN0901.jpg

DSCN0898.jpg

The silver chick:
DSCN0904.jpg

DSCN0903.jpg

Quote:
Nice but they both look like roos, I have pullets from BBB that are older than yours and don't have near as much comb development.

yep look to be males, if you have 2 of different sexes, RAREROO an I have concluded that the hens are feathering much quicker, they will have a 3-6 inctail at this age where the males arent as long, dont take them long to pas them up though.
I have a 3 month old like these thats tail is about 10 inches already! Looking to that mealy gray color, which these should be too.

Quote:
Yep that's how mine were too. My darn little huzzies scalped a couple of little ducklings I put in there with them cause it was he only other cage I had and they were making such a mess in the brooder with the chicks. I doubt they are gonna make it.

Well if they are both males that would be my luck. LOL The rest of the hatch, 12 turkens, is looking to be predominately male as well!
roll.png
Either way I'm looking forward to seeing how they turn out. The mealy gray colored chick is a pretty easy going fellow that likes to perch on your shoulder. The silver chick is kinda flighty and though he's perfectly calm once you pick him up he lets out these high pitched shriek/peeps that'll make your ears just about bleed.

Here is a pic of My Broody Golden phoenix, I got her from Ideal-Poultry three and a half years ago! As you can tell, she isn't too happy about me taking her picture. She still lays often, but tries to sit alot! She is very smart, and always alert.

51083_100_0886.jpg

doodle 7 months old and his three girlfriends
silver phoenix standard..
his tail always has some damage from the rains..
but i built a floor in the coop to keep him out of the mud..also does some really bad damage..
its topped with that green fake grass carpet..its really helped he use to have a longer tail but in
march a big storm and mud cut it down..right now hes close to 2 1/2 foot long tail..but hes getting there still young..

PTDC0010.jpg

PTDC0010-1.jpg

PTDC0005-1.jpg

PTDC0016-1.jpg

PTDC0019.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom