Post Pics of your Leghorns

Wow... the size difference one the whites are comical.

Ah! Thanks for posting pictures of the modern games...I forgot what they look like.

So they have that whip tail too huh? How does the whip tail effect the width, spacing of the hip bones? Or is whip tail verses fan tail just where the feathers are...not how big the hips are?

I was given these two chicks, told they were Leghorns, born about April 18. They're both terrified when I reach into their brooder pen. So, from the pictures, do you think they're both Leghorns (one seems to have a rose comb maybe). I'm pretty sure the single comb one is a cockerel, as someone has been crowing early in the morning.

P1130081.JPG

Attachments

• blanche.JPG
    blanche.JPG
    368.6 KB · Views: 5
Has anyone gotten mille fleur Leghorns from Sandhill? I'd love to see some pictures of them to get some idea of what theirs look like. Thank you.

Has anyone gotten mille fleur Leghorns from Sandhill? I'd love to see some pictures of them to get some idea of what theirs look like. Thank you.
nope.

Don't know anyone that has...

From what I have heard Sandhill ranges from just a touch better than regular hatchery, to pretty fine. Hit and miss on the breeds.

Also, it is a bit tricky to get what you want when you want since they are so small.

My understanding, if you don't mind flexible delivery, then it is worth it.

They're junk.
Half had white legs. A third to half had red or mostly red earlobes.
I rehomed all but a trio and they all ended up too stocky looking for a leghorn and both pullets laid creme eggs. I ended up getting rid of them soon after they started laying so no pics unfortunately.
Let me know if you come across anyone else that has any for sell.

Not this breed but have gotten another breed from them. The communications wasn't great and I ordered 25 of one breed, straight run (their minimum order). They said they could only send 10 but I would get 15 free chicks of other breeds. I left them a message saying I didn't want the 15 free chicks and that I wanted 25 of the breed I specified. Then they told me they would have to be shipped in separate orders and I would have to pay additional shipping. According to their online catalog the chicks are $6.00 each but when they sent me the invoice they had on it $6.50 per chick. I ended up getting 18 chicks with one chick being a DOA. Luckily I did get more females than males (60/40%, Female/Male) and eventually a refund for the balance. I don't plan on ordering from them again.

My RC Dark Brown Leghorns 6 months old just started to lay. My Whites who are younger started to lay around a month ago.

I was given these two chicks, told they were Leghorns, born about April 18. They're both terrified when I reach into their brooder pen. So, from the pictures, do you think they're both Leghorns (one seems to have a rose comb maybe). I'm pretty sure the single comb one is a cockerel, as someone has been crowing early in the morning.

View attachment 552358

It looks like a male and a female Leghorn. My Leghorns always start crowing well before the males of my other breeds.

Back
Top Bottom