Post Pics of your Leghorns

Pics
Hese two of my hope to be boys, both one month old and their starting to get their color in their comb.
its adorable!!!
wee.gif
its pinkish in color now, i cant wait till its completely red!
D.gif

and last night i took a picture of the babys roosting haha

Hese two of my hope to be boys, both one month old and their starting to get their color in their comb.
its adorable!!!
wee.gif
its pinkish in color now, i cant wait till its completely red!
D.gif

and last night i took a picture of the babys roosting haha
Cute!!!

I think I may try working with red leghorns soon. I tried a while back but had all 3 batches of chicks from 3 different sources arrive dead. I am determined to have them! If needed, I already have a breeding plan in place to improve type and I am pretty stoked about it. I have only seen a few pics of reds and I feel that they deserve more attention

I think I may try working with red leghorns soon. I tried a while back but had all 3 batches of chicks from 3 different sources arrive dead. I am determined to have them! If needed, I already have a breeding plan in place to improve type and I am pretty stoked about it. I have only seen a few pics of reds and I feel that they deserve more attention

I totally agree with you, they are a hardy breed and are very docile. They are also my favorite brown egg layers
wee.gif
D.gif

Ooh, can't wait to see your results! Will you try single or rose combs?

I'm going to start with single combed birds from hatchery stock since I can't find any breeders that work with reds. Later, if all goes as planned, I have a plan to make rose comb red leghorns without cross breeding, just crossing color varieties. Gotta love having a fair knowledge of genetics

I'm going to start with single combed birds from hatchery stock since I can't find any breeders that work with reds. Later, if all goes as planned, I have a plan to make rose comb red leghorns without cross breeding, just crossing color varieties. Gotta love having a fair knowledge of genetics

I feel dumb now haha you were talking about red leghorns i thought rhode island reds. but red leghorns are a beautiful breed.

Back
Top Bottom