Post Pics of your Leghorns

Pics
Not sure about the laying capabilities, she hasn't quite started laying yet
Nice..... I need some of those to make sexlinks..... are they good layers like a WL? That part is important to me..... egg laying is why I have chickens
wink.png

They were decent, they werent like production leghorns though. If you want some good egg layers, I would get California Grays, theyre one half of a leghorn hybrid.
Quote: I have thought about them..... I may have to order some pullets for the early spring.

I think it's about time to cull out my Mille Fleur Leghorn pen. These are F3s and I think I've made some good headway on tail angle on the roos. I've got way too many roosters and hens, now need to pair divide up the pen. BUT it's really hard doing it by myself. Wish I had extra pair of eyes, OR 2! looking at these with me!

Can anyone tell me whether the American Leghorn Breeders Club and the American Brown Leghorn Club are still active groups? If not, are there Leghorn clubs active right now?

Can anyone tell me whether the American Leghorn Breeders Club and the American Brown Leghorn Club are still active groups? If not, are there Leghorn clubs active right now?

The American Brown Leghorn Club is still active. Not sure about the American leghorn breeders club. I believe every attempt at an all variety leghorn club in the past has failed. I could be wrong. But I know the brown leghorn club is active

Last edited:
I read a rather old publication recently that indicated the need for both light and dark brown leghorns in order to have correct and well marked male and female light brown leghorns. Has this been the experience of those here?

Back
Top Bottom