Post Pics of your Leghorns

Pics
I love leghorns. They just have no fear!!
Love those light brahmas sadly the one I got is a roo(I think) he will have to be rehomed. ok I have asked this before but the chicks weren't old enough so I'll ask again now they are 8 weeks are these leghorns?

Love those light brahmas sadly the one I got is a roo(I think) he will have to be rehomed.
ok I have asked this before but the chicks weren't old enough so I'll ask again now they are 8 weeks are these leghorns?

It does but doesn't. Mine are 5 weeks old and there combs are bigger than that one. This is the first time raising them from chicks. Leghorns do have large floppy combs.

Love those light brahmas sadly the one I got is a roo(I think) he will have to be rehomed.
ok I have asked this before but the chicks weren't old enough so I'll ask again now they are 8 weeks are these leghorns?
I think it might be a white rock? It's tail is very wide, where a leghorns it more flat and tall and pointy. She also has a very small comb.

Body type is wrong for a Plymouth Rock, too long it has a very mediterranean breed body shape. Can't make out the comb in the picture, it's kind of blurred. What is the source of the chicks? On my monitor at least it looks like it's legs have a non-yellow tint which is unusual for a leghorn.

not quit sure. the gal I got the hatching eggs said... the rooster is big and has a huge comb and is all white... she also had barred rocks, RIR white chickens she thinks are leg horns ( there all white like the rooster ) so Im not sure. but there sure flighty little things lol. a few have spots on them. some eggs were brown, some were white.

Last edited:
Body type is wrong for a Plymouth Rock, too long it has a very mediterranean breed body shape.  Can't make out the comb in the picture, it's kind of blurred.  What is the source of the chicks?  On my monitor at least it looks like it's legs have a non-yellow tint which is unusual for a leghorn.

I will try and get an updated picture tomorrow

I just got some barred leghorn pullets from privett and it is obvious they will be more cuckoo. As they feather out, I will get some pics. I am also hoping to get some red leghorns this season. I always wanted them but had horrible luck with the 4 batches from 3 sources when I tried them before.

I just got some barred leghorn pullets from privett and it is obvious they will be more cuckoo. As they feather out, I will get some pics. I am also hoping to get some red leghorns this season. I always wanted them but had horrible luck with the 4 batches from 3 sources when I tried them before.

I too had bad luck with reds. I ordered some from ideal and all were doa and so were the wfbs. I reordered this time from mcmurray and out of 40 birds only the reds failed to thrive. I dont know why this is.

Back
Top Bottom